Subtotal command problem

M

Martin B

Hi

I have a spreadsheet to analyse student performance. Column AJ contains text values "OVR" "UND" and "ACH" to indicate if the students has over or under achieved a predicted grade. Column N contians "y" or "n" to indicate if the student has recieved additional support during the term.

What I would like to do is auto filter column N to show only the students who have had additional help and then use a formula to count the number of "OVR" in the visible cells of col AJ

I thought =SUBTOTAL(3,AJ7:AJ37) had done the job but it counts all the entries not just the "OVR" entries

Thanks if you are able to assist

Martin

M

Martin B

With a bit of searching the following article answered my problem

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mi...isible+cells+only&hl=en&#doc_39d0ba5b09d21b46

Sorry if the link doesn't work I'm not that good on here as you've probably guessed from some of my questions :))

Hope you find your answers

Martin
Hi

I have a spreadsheet to analyse student performance. Column AJ contains text values "OVR" "UND" and "ACH" to indicate if the students has over or under achieved a predicted grade. Column N contians "y" or "n" to indicate if the student has recieved additional support during the term.

What I would like to do is auto filter column N to show only the students who have had additional help and then use a formula to count the number of "OVR" in the visible cells of col AJ

I thought =SUBTOTAL(3,AJ7:AJ37) had done the job but it counts all the entries not just the "OVR" entries

Thanks if you are able to assist

Martin

Ask a Question