Submit Validation causes control to lose value

G

I have a aspx page that has a few panels on it and have noticed that if a user submits the form and validation kicks in, thus, flagging them that fields were required the panels disappear even though the conditions to display the panels are still met. I.e. checkbox displays more questions. the checkbox is still checked when the form halts the submit and displays "required" labels. But panel is hidden. This also happens with a dropdown, based on a selection more questions are made visible on a panel.

Also, is there such a thing as "on_Submit" for a Subroutine? i.e. like "Page-Load".

Thanx.

G

I have run into similar things in the past. I'm not sure if it was due to a ViewState issue or what ... what I found was that if I defaulted the Visible property to false, then it was buggier than if I set it to true, and only hid the control when it needed to be hidden (instead of showing it when it needs to be shown). That seemed to work out much better.

G

I've tried something else that I think might work:

Sub Page_Load()

'hide system builder panel
systembuilder.Visible = False

'hide convergance panel
convergence.Visible = False

cbhomeconverg.AutoPostBack = True
ddprimbiz.AutoPostBack = True

End Sub

by using Autopostback the controls (checkbox and dropdown) appear to be reviewed to see if they are true and then the panels show/hide accordingly.

thoughts?

what about the form submit question? is there a way to stop the form from submitting is ASPXif a condition was not met (like the old JavaScript Return).

Thanx!

Ask a Question