Subform based in a query criteria is blank at the time to load, ho


L

ldiaz

I have a form where I have two fields named:
[StartDate] and [EndDate]

and I have a subform where it's connected to a query with this criteria.
Between ([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate])

it works OK, but at the time to load the form the subform is completely
blank, how can I chage this? I want it shows all datas that are on the query,
and filter after to put data range and make the requery

Thanks
LD
 
Ad

Advertisements

N

NetworkTrade

I think it is blank because there is no data - - if it first loads there are
no values in the date fields on the form....so there is no records in the
query and therefore the subform is blank......

If the blank form is an issue, You need to manage the
presentation....perhaps have the subform not visible until there is some
dates and then with a button or something make visible with a requery....
 
L

ldiaz

Yes I have values, but the are not showed in the subform, I think I need to
use:
Like Nz => (([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
=< ([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate]),"*)

I have tried this code but it does not work..

do you know how this code needs to be written?


Thanks
LD





--
Lorenzo Díaz
Cad Technician


NetworkTrade said:
I think it is blank because there is no data - - if it first loads there are
no values in the date fields on the form....so there is no records in the
query and therefore the subform is blank......

If the blank form is an issue, You need to manage the
presentation....perhaps have the subform not visible until there is some
dates and then with a button or something make visible with a requery....
--
NTC


ldiaz said:
I have a form where I have two fields named:
[StartDate] and [EndDate]

and I have a subform where it's connected to a query with this criteria.
Between ([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate])

it works OK, but at the time to load the form the subform is completely
blank, how can I chage this? I want it shows all datas that are on the query,
and filter after to put data range and make the requery

Thanks
LD
 
Ad

Advertisements

L

ldiaz

I have corrected my code;
Like Nz((>=[Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
(<=[Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate]),"*")
and now it's working fine.


Thank you so much any way
LD

--
Lorenzo Díaz
Cad Technician


ldiaz said:
Yes I have values, but the are not showed in the subform, I think I need to
use:
Like Nz => (([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
=< ([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate]),"*)

I have tried this code but it does not work..

do you know how this code needs to be written?


Thanks
LD





--
Lorenzo Díaz
Cad Technician


NetworkTrade said:
I think it is blank because there is no data - - if it first loads there are
no values in the date fields on the form....so there is no records in the
query and therefore the subform is blank......

If the blank form is an issue, You need to manage the
presentation....perhaps have the subform not visible until there is some
dates and then with a button or something make visible with a requery....
--
NTC


ldiaz said:
I have a form where I have two fields named:
[StartDate] and [EndDate]

and I have a subform where it's connected to a query with this criteria.
Between ([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![StartDate]) And
([Forms]![frm_Shipment_SystemAllDatas]![EndDate])

it works OK, but at the time to load the form the subform is completely
blank, how can I chage this? I want it shows all datas that are on the query,
and filter after to put data range and make the requery

Thanks
LD
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top