Styles and Bullets

tramboy

Hello Everyone,

I've set up a style on a template which creates a shaded, numbered box
that expands with the more I type or paste into it.

It works great until I try to paste bulleted text into it eg:

"The applicant must demonstrate how the proposal will ensure the long
term survival of substantial areas of existing mature vegetation within
Stage 23, 24A, 24B and 25. There are a number of good practice examples
to consider, including the following

•Certification by the Arborist stating that all engineering plans have
been sited and taken into consideration in the Arborist assessment.
•Certification by the Principal Engineer stating that all Arborist
plans have been sited and taken into consideration in the engineering
design."

This really messes up the formatting of the box; it either pastes
outside the box or cometimes creates a new, different shaped box
altogether.

Is there any way to bullet text inside this box?

Sorry the explanation was a bit wonky but this is driving me
abso-fricking-lutely insane

Terry Farrell

Is this inside a Text Box, a Form Field box or a single cell table (which is
probably the best way to do what you are describing)?

Terry Farrell

I see. What you have done is used manual (direct) formatting to apply a
border and shading. This is a simple and fine way to do that except when you
change the paragraph formatting to use different indents. Simply by applying
the bullet style to one of the paragraphs, you have changed style but taken
on the direct (manual) border and shading attributes. So the bulleted
paragraph now has its own shading and border.

I suggest that you use a single cell table set with the required border and
shading format. This will expand as you type and correctly cross page ends
with borders as required. You could use Text Boxes but I don't think they
are appropriate for this task.

Terry

tramboy said:
It's none of those things. (I think)

This is my formatting:

[image: http://i26.tinypic.com/30bfno4.png]

here is the 'box' before:

[image: http://i27.tinypic.com/opbblk.jpg]

and here it is after I try to insert bullets:

[image: http://i31.tinypic.com/j6phu0.png]

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP