Strongly-typed collections - links?

E

ECathell

Does anyone have links to any good tutorials on creating strongly typed collections?
Especially on manipulating the data that is in the collection?

I am using strongly-typed collection objects based on collectionbase that are representations of table data in my database. I have no issue creating the collection as that is pretty straightforward, I am looking for more advanced topics such as data validation, event handling and and updating/canceling changes to the datastore. I am not really sure where this is supposed to take place ie in the collection, in the object of the collection etc...any pointers or links would be really appreciated.

I

Irfan

i didnt look at the website but Francesco Baleno VB.net book gives a bit more detail of things what u have mentioned.
ie: when to use collectionBase methods like onInsert, onValidate, onInsertComplete in a custom collection.

HTH
Irfan

Does anyone have links to any good tutorials on creating strongly typed collections?
Especially on manipulating the data that is in the collection?

I am using strongly-typed collection objects based on collectionbase that are representations of table data in my database. I have no issue creating the collection as that is pretty straightforward, I am looking for more advanced topics such as data validation, event handling and and updating/canceling changes to the datastore. I am not really sure where this is supposed to take place ie in the collection, in the object of the collection etc...any pointers or links would be really appreciated.

Ask a Question