Strong Name a compiled assembly?

james

Hi All,

Would anyone mind going over how to strong name an assembly after it
has been compiled? I was looking at AL.exe, but it won't take in .dll
files. I'm not sure if I can strip out the module part of the dll.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
James

Nirosh

When you say, it won't take in .dll, what you mean what happen when you try
to link them. Normally the strong name compose of
<<namespace>>.<<classname>>

Nirosh.

james

Hi Nirosh,

Here is the output from the command:

C:\>al /out:Signed_CarlosAg.ExcelXmlWriter.dll
CarlosAg.ExcelXmlWriter.dll /keyfile:MyKey.snk
Microsoft (R) Assembly Linker version 8.00.50727.42
for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) .NET Framework version 2.0.50727
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2003. All rights reserved.

ALINK: warning AL1020: Ignoring included assembly
'c:\web\b52net\trunk\lib\CarlosAg.ExcelXmlWriter.dll'
ALINK: error AL1016: No valid input files were specified

C:\>

Thanks,
James

Nirosh

I have a one concern

It goes like command [options] [source] - in your case you have the source
in the middle of two options, correct that and check. let me know how that
goes

Nirosh

Nirosh

This is very straight forward I think there is some basic mistake in your
command. Anyway Add this too../main: <<Specifies the fully qualified name
upto class.entrymethod>>also check whether you have a public conrtructor
define for the entry class-- L.W.C. Nirosh"james" <[email protected]>