Strange Linker errors

G

Hi

I am getting some very odd linker errors when I attempt to compile my code. They are not functions that I have written, has anyone heard of them

Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxRegisterExceptionObject(void *,void *)" (?__CxxRegisterExceptionObject@@$$J0YAHPAX0@Z
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxQueryExceptionSize(void)" (?__CxxQueryExceptionSize@@$$J0YAHXZ
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxExceptionFilter(void *,void *,int,void *)" (?__CxxExceptionFilter@@$$J0YAHPAX0H0@Z
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxDetectRethrow(void *)" (?__CxxDetectRethrow@@$$J0YAHPAX@Z

I can't seem to find references to them online and am unsure what they are coming from.

Thanks
Tim

J

Jianwei Sun

It's mostly in your include file, can you show us your included files.

J.W.
Tim said:
Hi,

I am getting some very odd linker errors when I attempt to compile my
code. They are not functions that I have written, has anyone heard of them?
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
__CxxRegisterExceptionObject(void *,void *)"
(?__CxxRegisterExceptionObject@@$$J0YAHPAX0@Z)
__CxxQueryExceptionSize(void)" (?__CxxQueryExceptionSize@@$$J0YAHXZ)
__CxxExceptionFilter(void *,void *,int,void *)"
(?__CxxExceptionFilter@@$$J0YAHPAX0H0@Z)
__CxxDetectRethrow(void *)" (?__CxxDetectRethrow@@$$J0YAHPAX@Z)

J

Julie

Tim said:
Hi,

I am getting some very odd linker errors when I attempt to compile my code. They are not functions that I have written, has anyone heard of them?

Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxRegisterExceptionObject(void *,void *)" (?__CxxRegisterExceptionObject@@$$J0YAHPAX0@Z)
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxQueryExceptionSize(void)" (?__CxxQueryExceptionSize@@$$J0YAHXZ)
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxExceptionFilter(void *,void *,int,void *)" (?__CxxExceptionFilter@@$$J0YAHPAX0H0@Z)
Client error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl __CxxDetectRethrow(void *)" (?__CxxDetectRethrow@@$$J0YAHPAX@Z)

I can't seem to find references to them online and am unsure what they are coming from.

Thanks,
Tim

My guess would be that you are using exception handling but have not enabled it
in the project settings, or are linking to the wrong library.

Ask a Question