Stopping a clustered service

Dave

For administrative purposes, I need to stop a clustered
service temporarily and not have it automatically fail
over, while keeping all other services up and running.
What's the best way to do this? This is a 2 node, active/
passive cluster. Thanks.

Bill

Dave, on the passive side, stop the Cluster service. That
will prevent a roll if you stop or fail an instance on the
active server.
Bill

Kevin [MSFT]

Actually, you should not stop the cluster service. All you need to do is Pause the other node. All resources currently running on that node will
continue to function but it will not take on any new resources until you have un-paused it.

This message is provided as is and does not imply any warranty or gaurantee of support of any kind.