Stoping USB devices coming out

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an IT technician in a school and we are getting quite a lot of calls to plug the usb mouse/keyboard in as they have been accidently kicked out. We have locked at the desking and location of the PCs and there is no other way of doing it that i can see. All the leads come out the back of the computer, are put in some spiral wrap and then go almost straight up into the desk to reduce the amount of cable on show.

However some of the cables are still being kicked out and was after some ideas on how to stop this from happening, is anyone aware of some kind of locking system to lock usb devices into the computers so they cant come out.

Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A 'good' IT tech should have a hot-glue-gun in his kit ... ;)

Ever heard of wireless, but then I suppose the smart little 'children' would nick 'em ... :rolleyes:

:user:

Reaction score
In the NHS we used to place the PC's at the back of the desk and then feed the leads over the back of the desk/table, sometimes using longer mouse/kboard cables or extenders.

Either that or try some 'pc education' for the teachers & students on the dangers of pulling cables out!!!

Ask a Question