I like to view the Drudge Report webpage. I find it annoying that the
webpage causes IE to refresh shortly after I navigate to the page (usually
when I'm trying to read something). How can I stop the webpage from
automatically refreshing ?
Thanks,
Jim

D

Darnell 0216

In most cases pressing the Stop button after a page is loaded will cease scripts including meta-refresh tags.
I like to view the Drudge Report webpage. I find it annoying that the
webpage causes IE to refresh shortly after I navigate to the page (usually
when I'm trying to read something). How can I stop the webpage from
automatically refreshing ?
Thanks,
Jim

J

Jon Kennedy

If you don't want to keep having to press the Stop button, or want to keep
other pages from doing this - in IE go to Tools...Internet
Options...Security tab, Custom button, scroll down to the Misc. section and
Disable "Allow META REFRESH".

Reaction score
How to stop Drudge from refreshing with IE8

This has been annoying me for years too. Last night I finally figured out the easy way to stop the drudgereport.com web page from constantly refreshing with IE8. I'm on a slow (satellite) internet connection which makes the reloads take a long time. Having the page disappear as I'm trying to read it is irritating. What does NOT work is (1) hitting the STOP or ESCAPE key, or (2) disabling meta-refresh. What does work, but is impractical, is to disable active scripting. That messes up other web pages. What I found works best is to simply add drudgreport.com to the RESTRICTED category of web pages. In the restricted category, meta-refresh and active scripting are disabled by default. When on the drudgreport.com page, go to tools, internet options, security, restricted sites, and then click on SITES to add drudgereport.com to the list of restricted sites. That nailed it for me.

Ask a Question