STOP: 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error when connecting to internet

Reaction score
Hey there, recently I downloaded sketchy winrar file with an .exe file in it to my laptop which I opened and that then proceded to open a bunch of dos prompt type windows, so I guess it was a virus. anyways after all that I got a blue screen of death with a STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. When I tried to reboot I got the same thing again so it was pretty much a loop. Eventually I figured out that if I disconnected my network/internet cable I could boot up fine and run windows without any problems. I deleted all of the malicious files and ran a virus scan that showed nothing was wrong but Im pretty sure the virus did something to my registry because whenever I try to reconnect to the internet I get this same blue screen error.
cry.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

oh I forgot to mention I am running windows 2000 professional

Reaction score
bryman1999 said:
Hey there, recently I downloaded sketchy winrar file with an .exe file in it to my laptop which I opened and that then proceded to open a bunch of dos prompt type windows, so I guess it was a virus. anyways after all that I got a blue screen of death with a STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. When I tried to reboot I got the same thing again so it was pretty much a loop. Eventually I figured out that if I disconnected my network/internet cable I could boot up fine and run windows without any problems. I deleted all of the malicious files and ran a virus scan that showed nothing was wrong but Im pretty sure the virus did something to my registry because whenever I try to reconnect to the internet I get this same blue screen error.
cry.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

oh I forgot to mention I am running windows 2000 professional

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252935

Ask a Question