Still using IE? There are more powerfull stuff out there.

Kenny S

Ie6 is getting old... it lacks some basic features such as tabbed browsing.
(One main window and many pages)
Luckily there are people who have created add on browsers, that still use
the core of
IE6 in order to have the speed and abilities of IE, but the interface is
advanced.
The best one I have used is avant browser www.avant.com
This also has a bult in google bar and a pop up blocker.
Another thing that it has is that it is immune to various spyware toolbars
that emerge on IE but not on AVANT.
I have tested almost every browser there is.... and I think
AVANT is the best...

Some other browsers that are worth while to take a look are:
My IE2 http://www.myie2.com/
and the new mozilla firefox 0.9 (this is not based on IE but on Mozilla)

All these browsers are totally FREE and contain NO spyware or adds.

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

JerryMouse

Kenny said:
Ie6 is getting old... it lacks some basic features such as tabbed
browsing. (One main window and many pages)
Luckily there are people who have created add on browsers, that still
use the core of
IE6 in order to have the speed and abilities of IE, but the interface
is advanced.
The best one I have used is avant browser www.avant.com
This also has a bult in google bar and a pop up blocker.
Another thing that it has is that it is immune to various spyware
toolbars that emerge on IE but not on AVANT.
I have tested almost every browser there is.... and I think
AVANT is the best...

Some other browsers that are worth while to take a look are:
My IE2 http://www.myie2.com/
and the new mozilla firefox 0.9 (this is not based on IE but on
Mozilla) http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

All these browsers are totally FREE and contain NO spyware or adds.

1. If one did that, they would not have 100% Micros~1 products.
2. Why go to the trouble when good enough is good enough.
3. No one in their right mind should ever use any software with a
French-sounding name.
4. You may void your warranty.
5. If the product were any good, Micros~1 would have bought the company long
ago. Therefore...

Microsoft Preferred Customer

If other brosers are so good why do you need to advertise on Microsoft hosted
Newsgroups? Can those companies can't afford their own infrastructure?

Finally, why are you lurking on Microsoft's newsgroups when you are not using
any of its products? Are you bored using your "best and chosen" browser and
related products?

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

JerryMouse said:
1. If one did that, they would not have 100% Micros~1 products.
2. Why go to the trouble when good enough is good enough.
3. No one in their right mind should ever use any software with a
French-sounding name.
4. You may void your warranty.
5. If the product were any good, Micros~1 would have bought the
company long ago. Therefore...

OK - I hereby give you, and everyone, leave to use the browser of their
choice. There are plenty of nice ones out there, I agree. I also note that
you're using Outlook Express to post this. :)

Kenny S

You are illogical.

-Mr Spock, startrek

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

Microsoft Preferred Customer said:
If other brosers are so good why do you need to advertise on Microsoft hosted
Newsgroups? Can those companies can't afford their own infrastructure?

Finally, why are you lurking on Microsoft's newsgroups when you are not using
any of its products? Are you bored using your "best and chosen" browser and
related products?

Kenny S

5. If the product were any good, Micros~1 would have bought the company
long
ago. Therefore...

I disagree with this. Microsoft has proven that when there is something
good, they make their own version of the product. Look at IM for example
with messenger, AIM , Yahoo and ICQ were the kings but MS made its own
version, windows and msn messenger. (in my opinion MSN Messenger rocks)
So what am I getting to? Internet explorer 7.0 will probably have all the
features of these other browsers, and when it does come out I will be using
it, but till then I need something better than what
IE6 has to offer NOW.

By using avant, I am not rejecting IE, since avant uses IE to work. But it
DOES enhance the interface, giving it tabbed browsing that is very usfull.
All I am trying to do is share my experience with the users of this group,
so they can be more efficient and productive.

You must understand that IE has the ability to be customized like this, on
purpose. They wanted this ti happen! There have been many browsers that use
the IE technology to make their own versions of browsers.

--

Hope this helps. Let us know.
_____________

---

Tim Slattery

1. If one did that, they would not have 100% Micros~1 products.

So what?
2. Why go to the trouble when good enough is good enough.

IE isn't good enough. Firefox has built-in pop-up blocker, download
manager, cookie manager, DOM inspector (solid gold for web page
developers). IE doesn't. Firefox correctly renders HTML and CSS that
IE does not.
3. No one in their right mind should ever use any software with a
French-sounding name.
Huh???

4. You may void your warranty.

Absurd. We all use non-MS products on our computers every day. The OS
is supposed to run many different programs.
5. If the product were any good, Micros~1 would have bought the company long
ago. Therefore...

Hmm, there's something to that. Of course Firefox is not built by a
company, it's an open-source initiative.