starting form won't appear

dennist

I have a simple form called frmTopicFromStart with a sub
main in modPrimary. Here is the code for both. In the
form I have a tabcontro with 2 tabs and a quit button.
But when I start the app a no longer existing form1
appears on the screen with no controls. I checked
carefully. The starting entity is submain. form1 no
longer exists. I changed the file and form names to
TopicFromStart and frmTopicFromStart. What's going on.

Module modPrimary
Friend gstrConn As String
= "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=H:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10
\Samples\Northwind.mdb;"

Public Sub Main()
Application.Run(New frmTopicFromStart)
End Sub

End Module

Public Class frmTopicFromStart
Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form

#Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "

Public Sub New()
MyBase.New()

'This call is required by the Windows Form
Designer.
InitializeComponent()

'Add any initialization after the
InitializeComponent() call

End Sub

'Form overrides dispose to clean up the component
list.
Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal
disposing As Boolean)
If disposing Then
If Not (components Is Nothing) Then
components.Dispose()
End If
End If
MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
End Sub

'Required by the Windows Form Designer
Private components As System.ComponentModel.IContainer

'NOTE: The following procedure is required by the
Windows Form Designer
'It can be modified using the Windows Form Designer.
Friend WithEvents btnQuit As
System.Windows.Forms.Button
Friend WithEvents TabControl1 As
System.Windows.Forms.TabControl
Friend WithEvents TabPage1 As
System.Windows.Forms.TabPage
Friend WithEvents TabPage2 As
System.Windows.Forms.TabPage
<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private
Sub InitializeComponent()
Me.btnQuit = New System.Windows.Forms.Button
Me.TabControl1 = New
System.Windows.Forms.TabControl
Me.TabPage1 = New System.Windows.Forms.TabPage
Me.TabPage2 = New System.Windows.Forms.TabPage
Me.TabControl1.SuspendLayout()
Me.SuspendLayout()
'
'btnQuit
'
Me.btnQuit.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
(504, 456)
Me.btnQuit.Name = "btnQuit"
Me.btnQuit.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(80, 40)
Me.btnQuit.TabIndex = 1
Me.btnQuit.Text = "&Quit"
'
'TabControl1
'
Me.TabControl1.Controls.Add(Me.TabPage1)
Me.TabControl1.Controls.Add(Me.TabPage2)
Me.TabControl1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
(168, 48)
Me.TabControl1.Name = "TabControl1"
Me.TabControl1.SelectedIndex = 0
Me.TabControl1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size
(432, 344)
Me.TabControl1.TabIndex = 2
'
'TabPage1
'
Me.TabPage1.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
(4, 22)
Me.TabPage1.Name = "TabPage1"
Me.TabPage1.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(424,
318)
Me.TabPage1.TabIndex = 0
Me.TabPage1.Text = "General"
'
'TabPage2
'
Me.TabPage2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
(4, 22)
Me.TabPage2.Name = "TabPage2"
Me.TabPage2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(424,
318)
Me.TabPage2.TabIndex = 1
Me.TabPage2.Text = "TabPage2"
'
'frmTopicFromStart
'
Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5,
13)
Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(648, 518)
Me.Controls.Add(Me.TabControl1)
Me.Controls.Add(Me.btnQuit)
Me.Name = "frmTopicFromStart"
Me.StartPosition =
System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition.CenterScreen
Me.Text = "Topic From Start"
Me.TabControl1.ResumeLayout(False)
Me.ResumeLayout(False)

End Sub

#End Region

End Class

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hi dennist,
I've followed your description to reproduce your problem. But your code
works fine,
I think you may verify which form is created by set two breakpoints , one
is on the
Application.Run method, the other one is in the New method of the
frmTopicFromStart.
If both breakpoints are fired, your program should work fine.
If you still have problem, please send the whole project to me, I'll check
it for you, thanks!

Kind regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
> [...]
| Me.TabPage1.Text = "General"
| '
| 'TabPage2
| '
| Me.TabPage2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
| (4, 22)
| Me.TabPage2.Name = "TabPage2"
| Me.TabPage2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(424,
| 318)
| Me.TabPage2.TabIndex = 1
| Me.TabPage2.Text = "TabPage2"
| '
| 'frmTopicFromStart
| '
| Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5,
| 13)
| Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(648, 518)
| Me.Controls.Add(Me.TabControl1)
| Me.Controls.Add(Me.btnQuit)
| Me.Name = "frmTopicFromStart"
| Me.StartPosition =
| System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition.CenterScreen

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hello Dennis,
i'm sorry to say, part of your files were filtered by the
anti-virus software of the company, please archive your project dir in zip
and resend it to me, thanks!

--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:20:48 GMT
| Subject: RE: starting form won't appear
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| Hi dennist,
| I've followed your description to reproduce your problem. But your
code
| works fine,
| I think you may verify which form is created by set two breakpoints , one
| is on the
| Application.Run method, the other one is in the New method of the
| frmTopicFromStart.
| If both breakpoints are fired, your program should work fine.
| If you still have problem, please send the whole project to me, I'll
check
| it for you, thanks!
|

| Kind regards,
|
| Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
| Microsoft Support Engineer

rights.
| You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
| reserved.
| --------------------
| | From: "dennist" <[email protected]>
| | Sender: "dennist" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: starting form won't appear
| | Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:02:29 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
| |
| | I have a simple form called frmTopicFromStart with a sub
| | main in modPrimary. Here is the code for both. In the
| | form I have a tabcontro with 2 tabs and a quit button.
| | But when I start the app a no longer existing form1
| | appears on the screen with no controls. I checked
| | carefully. The starting entity is submain. form1 no
| | longer exists. I changed the file and form names to
| | TopicFromStart and frmTopicFromStart. What's going on.
| |
| | Module modPrimary
| | Friend gstrConn As String
| | = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
| | Source=H:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10
| | \Samples\Northwind.mdb;"
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Public Sub Main()
| | Application.Run(New frmTopicFromStart)
| | End Sub
| |
| | End Module
| |
| | Public Class frmTopicFromStart
| | Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form
| |
| | #Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "
| |
| | Public Sub New()
| | MyBase.New()
| |
| | 'This call is required by the Windows Form
| | Designer.
| | InitializeComponent()
| |
| | 'Add any initialization after the
| | InitializeComponent() call
| |
| | End Sub
| |
| | 'Form overrides dispose to clean up the component
| | list.
| | Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal
| | disposing As Boolean)
| | If disposing Then
| | If Not (components Is Nothing) Then
| | components.Dispose()
| | End If
| | End If
| | MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
| | End Sub
| |
> [...]
| | Me.TabPage1.Text = "General"
| | '
| | 'TabPage2
| | '
| | Me.TabPage2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
| | (4, 22)
| | Me.TabPage2.Name = "TabPage2"
| | Me.TabPage2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(424,
| | 318)
| | Me.TabPage2.TabIndex = 1
| | Me.TabPage2.Text = "TabPage2"
| | '
| | 'frmTopicFromStart
| | '
| | Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5,
| | 13)
| | Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(648, 518)
| | Me.Controls.Add(Me.TabControl1)
| | Me.Controls.Add(Me.btnQuit)
| | Me.Name = "frmTopicFromStart"
| | Me.StartPosition =
| | System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition.CenterScreen
| |
| | End Sub
| |
| | #End Region
| |
| | End Class
| |
| |

Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT]

Hello Dennis,
How about your problem now? I've sent a mail to you, please let me know if
you still have problems on this issue, thanks!

Kind regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:58:56 GMT
| Subject: RE: starting form won't appear
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| Hello Dennis,
| i'm sorry to say, part of your files were filtered by the
| anti-virus software of the company, please archive your project dir in
zip
| and resend it to me, thanks!
|

| Kind regards,
|
| Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
| Microsoft Support Engineer

rights.
| You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
| reserved.
| --------------------
| | From: (e-mail address removed) (Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT])
| | Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:20:48 GMT
| | Subject: RE: starting form won't appear
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
| |
| | Hi dennist,
| | I've followed your description to reproduce your problem. But your
| code
| | works fine,
| | I think you may verify which form is created by set two breakpoints ,
one
| | is on the
| | Application.Run method, the other one is in the New method of the
| | frmTopicFromStart.
| | If both breakpoints are fired, your program should work fine.
| | If you still have problem, please send the whole project to me, I'll
| check
| | it for you, thanks!
| |
| |
| | Kind regards,
| |
| | Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
| | Microsoft Support Engineer
| |
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| | You assume all risk for your use. 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
| | reserved.
| | --------------------
| | | From: "dennist" <[email protected]>
| | | Sender: "dennist" <[email protected]>
| | | Subject: starting form won't appear
| | | Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:02:29 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
| | |
| | | I have a simple form called frmTopicFromStart with a sub
| | | main in modPrimary. Here is the code for both. In the
| | | form I have a tabcontro with 2 tabs and a quit button.
| | | But when I start the app a no longer existing form1
| | | appears on the screen with no controls. I checked
| | | carefully. The starting entity is submain. form1 no
| | | longer exists. I changed the file and form names to
| | | TopicFromStart and frmTopicFromStart. What's going on.
| | |
| | | Module modPrimary
| | | Friend gstrConn As String
| | | = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
| | | Source=H:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10
| | | \Samples\Northwind.mdb;"
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | Public Sub Main()
| | | Application.Run(New frmTopicFromStart)
| | | End Sub
| | |
| | | End Module
| | |
| | | Public Class frmTopicFromStart
| | | Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form
| | |
| | | #Region " Windows Form Designer generated code "
| | |
| | | Public Sub New()
| | | MyBase.New()
| | |
| | | 'This call is required by the Windows Form
| | | Designer.
| | | InitializeComponent()
| | |
| | | 'Add any initialization after the
| | | InitializeComponent() call
| | |
| | | End Sub
| | |
| | | 'Form overrides dispose to clean up the component
| | | list.
| | | Protected Overloads Overrides Sub Dispose(ByVal
| | | disposing As Boolean)
| | | If disposing Then
| | | If Not (components Is Nothing) Then
| | | components.Dispose()
| | | End If
| | | End If
| | | MyBase.Dispose(disposing)
| | | End Sub
| | |
> [...]
| | | Me.TabPage1.Text = "General"
| | | '
| | | 'TabPage2
| | | '
| | | Me.TabPage2.Location = New System.Drawing.Point
| | | (4, 22)
| | | Me.TabPage2.Name = "TabPage2"
| | | Me.TabPage2.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(424,
| | | 318)
| | | Me.TabPage2.TabIndex = 1
| | | Me.TabPage2.Text = "TabPage2"
| | | '
| | | 'frmTopicFromStart
| | | '
| | | Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = New System.Drawing.Size(5,
| | | 13)
| | | Me.ClientSize = New System.Drawing.Size(648, 518)
| | | Me.Controls.Add(Me.TabControl1)
| | | Me.Controls.Add(Me.btnQuit)
| | | Me.Name = "frmTopicFromStart"
| | | Me.StartPosition =
| | | System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition.CenterScreen
| | |
| | | End Sub
| | |
| | | #End Region