    allowed creation of a startup disk and you could kick to
    DOS with it. I have no idea how this is supposed to be
    down with XP. Any help is appreciated!

    Tad W, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Tad W

    Julie Guest

    Not sure I understand your question, but if you want to
    run DOS with XP:

    -Start

    -All Programs

    -Accessories

    -Command Prompt

    Julie, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Tad W

    Frank Guest

    Go to this link
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/tips/august/renken1.asp

    Frank, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Tad W

    Frank Guest

    That is not DOS. In XP it is a DOS emulator. I would recommend not using
    that for a bios flash. You can format a floppy with MS-DOS on it.

    Frank, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Tad W

    Shootist Guest

    You can format a floppy and copy system files to it just like you could in
    9X, DOS. If you search for "command.com" you will find it in
    C:\Windows\system32. Command.com IS DOS.
    --
    Shootist

    Shootist, Sep 16, 2003