Start menu

SG

Is there a way to combine, edit or rename items on XPs Start/All programs
listing. I see no logic in what is displayed individually and what is
combined and has submenu. Example
Have
taxcut 2000
taxcut 2001
~2 3 4 5 6
taxcut 2007
would like to see
taxcut>
taxcut 2000
taxcut 2001
etc
taxcut 2007

Thank you
Mel

Nepatsfan

SG said:
Is there a way to combine, edit or rename items on XPs Start/All programs
listing. I see no logic in what is displayed individually and what is combined
and has submenu. Example
Have
taxcut 2000
taxcut 2001
~2 3 4 5 6
taxcut 2007
would like to see
taxcut>
taxcut 2000
taxcut 2001
etc
taxcut 2007

Thank you
Mel

Your items listed on your Start menu represent a combination of two folders. You
can organize your Start menu the same way you organize any other folder.

Right click on your Start button and select Explore All Users.
Right click on your Start button again, except this time click on Explore.

You should now have the two instances of Windows Explorer opened at the
following folders (substituting the appropriate information for
YourUserAccount).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserAccount\Start Menu

Open the Programs folder. Using your example you can right click in the right
hand pane and select New -> Folder from the menu. Name this new folder Tax Cut.
Next, drag and drop the folders for each year of Tax Cut into this new folder.

You can continue organizing your Start menu by creating new folders and moving
the appropriate folders into them. Check out the "Reorganize the folders in your
All Programs menu" section of this article for more info.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/startmenu.mspx#2

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Using your mouse, right-click on an entry and select "Rename".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Nepatsfan said:
[...]

Worked fine - Thank you Nepatsfan

Also thanks to Carey Frisch for his reply. Obvious but overlooked by me.
Mel