SqlCeRemoteDataAccess Pull

G

Im using RDA (SqlCeRemoteDataAccess) to retrieve data from a remote sql server to a pocket pc device

It works no problem, in that if no sql server ce database exists on the device the pull method retrieves the required data and creates a local sql server ce database

The problem I have is refeshing the data I initially retrieved. I have tried using the same code but it fails. Now if before using the same code i delete the sdf file off the file system and then use rda pull again it works fine.

I tried leaving the database intact and dropping the local table i want to refresh and then trying rda pull again but that fails too

So it appears to use rda pull the database must NOT exist and the call to pull creates the database. The problem i have is that there are numerous tables in the local sql server ce database and i only want to refresh the data in a couple of tables rather than retrieving the whole database as this is not required.

My question really is just to confirm , can you use rda pull to refresh data in a local ce database file that already exists. My experience leads me to believe you can't but could someone confirm or deny this

THank
An

G

it's ok ignore me. My fault, being very stupid and not actually looking thorugh the code I had copied. The reason it was failing is because it was trying to create a new database in the code. rda pull method works fine on an existing database as long as the local table you want to use does not already exist

Thank
AN

Ask a Question