sqlce questions

Reaction score
I have some questions regarding sqlce mobile.

I used to built applications using Embedded visual basic 3 and sqlce v1 5 years ago. Now I want to move to sql mobile and built applications that run on Ipaq 6515 (windows mobile 2003) and Ipaq 2790 (Windows ce5).

I installed the new sql mobile server on my laptop. When running the

http://mycomputer/sqlce3/sqlcesa30.dll everything seems to work.

1. I'm testing with the Visual Studio 2005 with the Pocket PC 20003 emulator. I create a local database by using code. When running the emulator is this database created local in my laptop and where?

2. When trying to pull data from the MSSQL 2000 I get the error : A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information, see HRESULT. Why this happens?

3. When I'm trying to pull the table when debugging with activesynch and my CE5 9hx2790) device I get the error : Failure to open SQL Server with given connect string. However all my parametes are correct e.g. datasource(I either use the IP address of my computer or the computer name, the initila catalog (database name), username nad password=. Any thoughts? This also happens if I try to pull data from my application which is deployed in the device.I also tried to modify firewall settings. I even disabled the firewall. I also tested the telnet serverIPAddress 1433 and I can connect correctly.

4. Can I pull data to the pocket pc by using the activesynch from another computer without having a network connection? For example nw6515 doesn't have a WLan support. However when connecting with active synch with my computer which is connected to the internet I can connect to Internet from my device. I suppose this also happens when trying to pull data from a server which is connected with Lan with my laptop on which is connected with ativesynch my pocket pc. Is this true?

And one comment. I expected some layout enhancments regarding the built applications. They have the same look and feel like those built with embedeed visual basic 6 years ago.

Regards,

Manolis

Ask a Question