SQL CE and PPC 2003

LawX

Can anyone tell me if there is any compatibility problem
between SQL CE 2.0 and PPC 2003. I've just tried my app,
that works perfectly well on PPC 2000. I then try to
migrate to another device (running PPC 2003) and after
installing all cab files, including sqlce.ppc3.arm.cab, my
app still bugs as soon as I ask for any SQL query. Please
help me. What am i doing wrong? I saw something strange
while searching for the cause; the windows\sqlce 2.0\ only
contains two .dll files (ssce20 and ssceca20) but no trace
of the Query analyser and others .dll.

I'm going deeper through the rabbit hole as I code
using .NET !

thanks in advance.

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Does your application encounter exceptions when executing a SQL Query?
What is that exception?

There are two .CAB files. One is the sqlce.dev.ppc3.arm.cab, it contains
the Query Analyzer and System.Sr.dll (error strings).

Kevin Boske
([email protected])
SQL Server CE Team
Microsoft
Everything you need to know about SQL Server CE:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ce/techinfo/default.asp
From: "LawX" <[email protected]>
Sender: "LawX" <[email protected]>
Subject: SQL CE and PPC 2003
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:46:24 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

Can anyone tell me if there is any compatibility problem
between SQL CE 2.0 and PPC 2003. I've just tried my app,
that works perfectly well on PPC 2000. I then try to
migrate to another device (running PPC 2003) and after
installing all cab files, including sqlce.ppc3.arm.cab, my
app still bugs as soon as I ask for any SQL query. Please
help me. What am i doing wrong? I saw something strange
while searching for the cause; the windows\sqlce 2.0\ only
contains two .dll files (ssce20 and ssceca20) but no trace
of the Query analyser and others .dll.

I'm going deeper through the rabbit hole as I code
using .NET !

thanks in advance.

LawX

Actually, when the exception occurs, the only Message and
hresult code I get or irelevant, The message is '0' and
the hresult doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

I would really be interested if you can give me the name
of the second .cab file that is needed to deploy SQLCE,
sqlce.dev.ppc3.arm.cab is the one I used, but, apparently,
it's not enough!

I also looked for sqlce.dev.wce4.arm.cab, that Alex
advised me, but I can't find it on my computer, I'll look
over the web.

Waiting for more details about this second .cab file.
Thanks for all.