spyware and adware.

Reaction score
I have AOL as my broardband provider.
Last night a popup, from aol popped up to tell me that it had detected 2 spyware and adware items on my computer.It goes on to say that to block these applications select "block all" But then it says that in blocking spyware it may cause other programs to malfunction or stop!!
So what am I to do. To block or not to block that is the question?
Both items will effect my security on line.
Advice please.
historian

Reaction score
Hi Techy.

It Says:

We have found 2 spyware and adware items on your computer.To block these applications from running select
BLOCK ALL.
note: When you block spyware,it may cause other programs to malfunction or stop.
BLOCK VIEW RESULTS

I`ve gone into View Results and it shows me a list of two spywares,both will effect my security on line.
All the best
historian

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've got AOL and had their spyware thingy runnung for 2 years everytime it told me it had blocked something I simply deleted everything it had found . PC ran just fine .
Of course since I'm running through a router now I don't have any AOL stuff on my pc at all now
laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Does it not tell you what it is they are blocking ??

AOL's 'terminology' is somewhat confusing to me ... I do not wish suspected items to be blocked, I want the feckin things deleted.

More importantly, how the hell did they get on your PC? did AOL allow them on there in the first place ???

:rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It blocks things and gives you the option to look at them and then decide if you want to block them . I think its very good of them realy as its a free option that comes with their package . Most of the stuff I had blocked were adware type thingys that AdAware would have picked up on .
user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
AOL anti spyware is really crap....

Ask a Question