spreadsheet for expenses and payments?

i need a spreadsheet that will help me track children's expenses, child
support payments or the lack of them, insurance reimbursements from their
father, etc. i need a spreadsheet that can help me keep track of what is owed
and the balance owed.

Your request is too general.How do we know what you want/need?
Do an internet search.there are hundreds and hundreds of sheets
available.You can mix and match to get what you want.If you need something
that you cant find post back with a specific request

I would recommend you use a personal money program like MS-Money, or Quicken.
You can set categories for both income and expense, as well as timed
reminders and scheduled transactions. This would also support a much bigger
picture of Budget and Expense. Some of this could be automated with your bank
for the download of transactions.

P.

Otto Moehrbach

Mom
What you ask for is too general. Just start with a blank spreadsheet on
the screen. Put some headers at the top of each column for different data
that you want to tabulate (enter from time to time).
If you want to sum a column, it's best to put the formula at the top of
the column, rather than at the bottom since the bottom keeps moving. If you
want to keep up with the differences between the sums of some columns (How
much is supposed to be paid minus how much has been paid, etc, etc, etc.),
you would put formulas for that kind of thing across the top of the page.
In fact, you might consider starting your data in maybe row 10 (headers
in row 10) and leaving the space above that for the calculations you are
interested in monitoring.
There are a multitude of options and ways to do this sort of thing. You
should just jump in and set up something to get started and then change it
as you more clearly see what you want to have. As you see specific areas or
things you need more help with, you could post specific questions in this
newsgroup.
I don't know if any of the above has helped you. It's really difficult
to help with such a general request. If you wish, contact me direct via
email with more specific ideas you have on what you want, and I'll work with
you to develop a useful spreadsheet. My email address is
(e-mail address removed). Remove the "nop" from this address. HTH Otto
"mom needing help with spreadsheet" <mom needing help with
news:[email protected]...

I tried it in MS-Money a couple of years ago. seems like it was too detailed,
asked too many questions. I've not had any experience with quicken. i set
up and use spreadsheets at work all the time, but can't seem to get one set
up that is sufficient.

i set up and use spreadsheets at work all the time, but can't seem to get one
set up that is sufficient. i am currently working on one. I just thought
there might be someone out there with the same problem that already had one
set up like i need it to be.