Spell checker in OE

I have installed all updates and all fixes for Office 97, and it still won't check spelling in OE. I've even installed the Macro9.dot from a previous post I've read and It still errors. It says ( Spell checker has halted do you want to send anyway ).
Dave

TF

OE spelling has nothing to do with Office. OE is part of Windows. You need
to post your problem in the appropriate Windows newsgroup.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: I have installed all updates and all fixes for Office 97, and it still
won't check spelling in OE. I've even installed the Macro9.dot from a
halted do you want to send anyway ).
: Dave

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Well, I would suggest posting in an OE NG, but in fact it is sort of a Word
question since OE depends on the spell checker in Office.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

You mean that if you don't have Office, you cannot spell-check in OE! I've
never realised that.

Terry

: Well, I would suggest posting in an OE NG, but in fact it is sort of a
Word
: question since OE depends on the spell checker in Office.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > OE spelling has nothing to do with Office. OE is part of Windows. You
need
: > to post your problem in the appropriate Windows newsgroup.
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : I have installed all updates and all fixes for Office 97, and it still
: > won't check spelling in OE. I've even installed the Macro9.dot from a
: > halted do you want to send anyway ).
: > : Dave
: >
: >
:

Suzanne S. Barnhill

From OE Help:

To check the spelling in messages

Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
Microsoft Office 95 and Office 97 programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs
installed, the Spelling command is not available.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

TF

That explains some of the postings in the Newsgroup then.

Terry

: From OE Help:
:
[...]
: > :
: > : --
: > : Suzanne S. Barnhill
: > : Microsoft MVP (Word)
: > : Words into Type
: > : Fairhope, Alabama USA
: > :
: > : Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup
: > so
: > : all may benefit.
: > :
: > : "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: > : : > : > OE spelling has nothing to do with Office. OE is part of Windows.
You
: > need
: > : > to post your problem in the appropriate Windows newsgroup.
: > : >
: > : > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > : > http://word.mvps.org/
: > : >