Sorting Ascending but put empty fields at the end...

Yann St-Germain

Hello,

I have some cells that contain some text and some of these cells are empty.
When I sort these cells in ascending order, I get the blank cells on top. I
would like to have the blank fields always at the bottom (when sorting
ascending and maybe also descending if possible).

I know that I could add a formula to add some junk text so it would appear
after "z" when the cell is empty ( =IF(ISBLANK(C2), "~", C2) ) but is there
a "cleaner" way to do this???

Thanks in advance.

Yann St-Germain
Programmer Analyst / Webmaster
CANAC Inc.

David

Yann

I take it you are using Excel? But which version.

In both 2000 and 2003 when I sort ascending or descending I get the blank
cells at the BOTTOM, not the top!

David

"Yann St-Germain"
<_REMOVE_BETWEEN_UNDERSCORES_ystger_REMOVE_BETWEEN_UNDERSCORES_main@_REMOVE_
BETWEEN_UNDERSCORES_canac._REMOVE_BETWEEN_UNDERSCORES_com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Yann St-Germain

I take it you are using Excel? But which version.Sorry, I forgot to mention the version I'm using, its Excel 2000 (9.0.6926
SP-3)

When I sort ascending, blanks and "~" get placed on top...

Yann

Yann St-Germain

Little precision:

The cells I'm trying to sort contain formulas:
=IF(ISBLANK(RAW_DATA!C2),"",RAW_DATA!C2)

Maybe the sorting is different with formulas??

Yann