Sort table list by description - Access 2007

nnorberg

Not a newbie to Access but I am new to 2007. How do you sort the list
of tables by table description? My efficiency has tanked just trying
to navigate around.

KARL DEWEY

Click on menu VIEW - Details to show Name, Description, Modified, etc.
Then click on the label to sort differently. Click the label again reverses
the sort.

Jeff Conrad [MSFT]

Sorting by description is not possible in the new Navigation Pane.

However, see this page on my site for several options:
http://accessjunkie.com/faq_13.aspx

I know for a fact option four will work just fine for you.

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni
SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft Corporation

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

nnorberg

Sorting by description is not possible in the new Navigation Pane.

However, see this page on my site for several options:http://accessjunkie.com/faq_13.aspx

I know for a fact option four will work just fine for you.

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni
SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft Corporation

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentialshttp://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info:http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified athttp://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

<nnorberg wrote in message:

Thank you.

Karl - I don't find any "View" menu item in Access 2007
Jeff - The form you posted looks like it could be workaround. I need
to fix user defind object errors to get it working once I get up to
speed on VBA. I found a blog entry from the MS Access Team on this
subject. The solution provided by Zak Woodall seems to miss the
point. It creates a list but doesn't sort the navigation pane or add
the discription field to the navigation pane.
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/10/03/sorting-nav-pane-objects-by-description.aspx

Jeff Conrad [MSFT]

Karl - I don't find any "View" menu item in Access 2007
Jeff - The form you posted looks like it could be workaround. I need
to fix user defined object errors to get it working once I get up to
speed on VBA. I found a blog entry from the MS Access Team on this
subject. The solution provided by Zak Woodall seems to miss the
point. It creates a list but doesn't sort the navigation pane or add
the description field to the navigation pane.
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2007/10/03/sorting-nav-pane-objects-by-description.aspx

There is no way to sort the Navigation Pane objects by description. The blog post was a workaround
to generate a list for that purpose.

You'll need to use a custom form that emulates the Database Container functionality.