SMTP Mailroot Flow path

Can someone explain to me the path an email travels from folder to folder in
the mailroot subdirectories? (Badmail,drop,mailbox,pickup,queue)

trying to figure out why once in a while i get .eml files left in the drop
folder

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Nelson,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, for more information about
Badmail,Drop,mailbox,Pickup,Queue folders, please refer to:
SMTP Service Design
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b8aafeb4-8883-482b-8cf8-77b397533
6b3.aspx

SMTP queue folder and pickup folder are identical
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/55b8ee44-81b6-499d-9ab5-b7065f869
aed.aspx

Managing the Pickup Directory

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?bmVsc29u?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: SMTP Mailroot Flow path
| Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:00:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.new_user
|
| Can someone explain to me the path an email travels from folder to folder
in
| the mailroot subdirectories? (Badmail,drop,mailbox,pickup,queue)
|
| trying to figure out why once in a while i get .eml files left in the
drop
| folder

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Nelson,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:43:58 GMT
| Subject: RE: SMTP Mailroot Flow path
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.new_user
|
| Hello Nelson,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, for more information about
| Badmail,Drop,mailbox,Pickup,Queue folders, please refer to:
| SMTP Service Design

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b8aafeb4-8883-482b-8cf8-77b397533
| 6b3.aspx
|
| SMTP queue folder and pickup folder are identical

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/55b8ee44-81b6-499d-9ab5-b7065f869
| aed.aspx
|
| Managing the Pickup Directory
| http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124230.aspx
|
| Hope that helps!
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?bmVsc29u?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: SMTP Mailroot Flow path
| | Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:00:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.new_user
| |
| | Can someone explain to me the path an email travels from folder to
folder
| in
| | the mailroot subdirectories? (Badmail,drop,mailbox,pickup,queue)
| |
| | trying to figure out why once in a while i get .eml files left in the
| drop
| | folder
| |