Small footprint MFD w/ sheet feed

James Harris

Usual question, I'm afraid. Despite looking at various newsgroups and web sites I'm still
trying to find a multifunction device that suits. Requirements are a single device with

1) Printer with sheet feed
2) Scanner with sheet feed, pref flatbed
3) Small footprint - not excessively so but being kind to my desk space at home
4) Where possible considering the above, good quality
5) Finally economy - preferably separate ink tanks - or at least separate black

Paper size would be letter/A4ish, interface pref USB2. Main use is black printing.
Occasional use for scanning and printing. Thanks for any help to a weary
web-searcher.....:)

James Harris

--

I think it will come down to a choice of,

Epson CX6400 Colour MFD for about
Epson RX500 Photo Colour MFD for about UKP 200 inc vat (eBuyer)

HOTLARRY

Dell Personal All-In-One Printer A960. $161.00, no tax, free shipping. Covers all your specifications and has great
speed and output.
Larry

James Harris

Larry, thanks. I took a look and, just for reference, found this from Dell in the UK at
UKP 226.78. That works out to USD 424. Even if cheaper from elsewhere this is what is
called rip-off Britain.

Cheers,
James