Sizing photos for slide presnetation.

Sizing photos for slide presentation

I have approximately thirty slides that I have inserted into a presentation.
However, some slides are being cut off a the top, the sides and do not fit
the window. I right clicked the photos and resized by the "scale to fit the
window" but the photos look so small. When I am looking at the screen, is
that what the presentation is going to look like? I plan on showing this
presentation with my laptop and a projector on a 100 inch screen. I do not
want the photos to be too large or too small. Is there a standard size? Or
does it look better to have a variety of sized to mix up the presentation?

LVTravel

Basically WYSIWYG or What you see on the slide is what you get when you do a
presentation. Unfortunately there may be some pixilation of photos that
start out as too small when projected to a large screen.

PPT resizing or cropping of images is normally not the best way to go for
creating the smallest output file or the fastest loading presentation. You
should use a photo editing program to do the resizing and cropping before
inserting the image into a PPT slide.

When I resize pictures for projection, to fill the entire screen, I do a
proportional resize using a photo editing program to produce an image of
10.5 X 7.5 inches at 92 dpi or make one or the other dimension (height or
width) the maximum size of 10.5 or 7.5 inches while keeping the other size
within the maximum window size. Then when I import the pictures, my large
megapixel camera (8.2) image has been reduced in size to about 1/10th the
physical size on the hard disk which allows for much faster loading of the
presentation. (Always keep an unedited copy of the image also.) If I have
an image that won't resize cleanly because it is a small photo or at a low
resolution then I normally have no choice but to keep the image smaller for
the projection.

You might try to use the "create photo album" feature in PPT. Have all the
photos in the same folder. On a blank PPT screen with PPT 2003 or earlier
click Insert, Picture, New Photo Album and go to the location of the photos.
(In PPT 2007 click Insert, New Photo Album.) Select all and PPT will create
the "30" slides with the photos enlarged as big as possible for each
individual image.

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing. Let us know.

"Sizing photos for slide presentation" <Sizing photos for slide
news:[email protected]...