Sites in Active Directory and subnets

E

Eimis

We have 4 office sites, Chicago, Wilmington, Palo alto and uk. We are going to set up one domain example.com with additional domain controllers, NOT child domain controllers! In each location I am going to set up domain controllers which going to be additional domain controllers for example.com, for example if users from Chicago site are going to login, will the authenticate to their own domain or to any other?

Chicago network: chi-dc-01 IP: 192.168.0.x
Wilmington network: wil-dc-01 IP: 192.168.50.x
Palo Alto network: pal-dc-01 IP: 192.168.6.x

Can I create sites for separate subnets and they only going to be logging in to their own domain? And what if their DC is down will they be able to logon to any other domain?

Thank you in advance for any replies !!!

Eimis

M

mholzemer

By default they will authenticate to the DC in their respective site.

--
Regards,

Michael Holzemer

Please reply in newsgroup

We have 4 office sites, Chicago, Wilmington, Palo alto and uk. We are going to set up one domain example.com with additional domain controllers, NOT child domain controllers! In each location I am going to set up domain controllers which going to be additional domain controllers for example.com, for example if users from Chicago site are going to login, will the authenticate to their own domain or to any other?

Can I create sites for separate subnets and they only going to be logging in to their own domain? And what if their DC is down will they be able to logon to any other domain?

Eimis

D

Dmitry Korolyov

Users always authenticate in their own domain. What you might have meant is in their local site. Yes they will, assuming that sites and subnets are configured propertly.

--
Dmitry Korolyov
(e-mail address removed)
To e-mail me, remove "nospamformorons"
from the address.

Eimis

Ask a Question