Site doesn't view properly in Netscape

Dianah

I created a photo gallery site, that is set in Frontpage,
but I created the photo gallery with Photoshop.

It displays fine with IE, but I'm told it doesn't look
good at all in Netscape. I don't have netscape installed
yet (don't like it) ... but might have to eventually when
I do more of this stuff. What is it that I've done or
haven't done that causes this problem. I created the site
with frames. url:
http://members.shaw.ca/skyline2004week1/

Thomas A. Rowe

If you created the PhotoGallery with PhotoShop, then the issue a PhotoShop issue not a FP issue.

Appears to display fine in (Windows XP Home, all updates, except SP2):

IE 6
NS6.21
NS4.08
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Murray

Other than having more scrollbars than any page should have, it looks OK in
Netscape/Firefox.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Looks ok in Netscrape 7.1.
A little conjested, and the buttons could use a design tweak...but nothing horrible.

| I created a photo gallery site, that is set in Frontpage,
| but I created the photo gallery with Photoshop.
|
| It displays fine with IE, but I'm told it doesn't look
| good at all in Netscape. I don't have netscape installed
| yet (don't like it) ... but might have to eventually when
| I do more of this stuff. What is it that I've done or
| haven't done that causes this problem. I created the site
| with frames. url:
| http://members.shaw.ca/skyline2004week1/

Jerry

Looks OK to me too. I'm using Firefox, which is to say Mozilla, which is to
say Netscape.

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Looks ok in Netscrape 7.1.
A little conjested, and the buttons could use a design tweak...but nothing
horrible.

| I created a photo gallery site, that is set in Frontpage,
| but I created the photo gallery with Photoshop.
|
| It displays fine with IE, but I'm told it doesn't look
| good at all in Netscape. I don't have netscape installed
| yet (don't like it) ... but might have to eventually when
| I do more of this stuff. What is it that I've done or
| haven't done that causes this problem. I created the site
| with frames. url:
| http://members.shaw.ca/skyline2004week1/

DianaH

I have a very high resolution on my pc and didn't realize that there would
be so many scrollbars when viewed with a lower res setting. I was rather
upset by all the scrollbars myself when I viewed with someone else's pc.
Something else to consider! The person who told me they could see all the
invisible table borders was using Netscape 7.1.
Thanks for the feedback.
Diana

Other than having more scrollbars than any page should have, it looks OK in
Netscape/Firefox.

DianaH

Thanks for the feedback Rob.
I wanted to show photos from various people, so, I ended up with this look
that does appear to be too congested. It's not the result I wanted. I'm
not sure how I'd achieve the same thing without it looking so congested.

When I designed the buttons, I did it in a graphics program and exported
accordingly. I would have preferred to have applied the button to a table
cell background, but I seem to have problems with the sizing, on export, so
that's why I did it that way. I appreciate the comments. Somehow, I need
to figure out how to export the buttons, (for use as cell backgroun) that
fit perfectly ... without tiling, but I haven't overcome that yet. When
I've got that licked ... I think I'll be able to create better buttons.
Diana

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Looks ok in Netscrape 7.1.
A little conjested, and the buttons could use a design tweak...but nothing
horrible.

| I created a photo gallery site, that is set in Frontpage,
| but I created the photo gallery with Photoshop.
|
| It displays fine with IE, but I'm told it doesn't look
| good at all in Netscape. I don't have netscape installed
| yet (don't like it) ... but might have to eventually when
| I do more of this stuff. What is it that I've done or
| haven't done that causes this problem. I created the site
| with frames. url:
| http://members.shaw.ca/skyline2004week1/

DianaH

Thanks for the comment Thomas.
When I have a little more time, I'll investigate other gallery generators.
This was my first gallery (didn't like how FP did the job and PS at least
offered more options from the get-go). It's still rather tedious as I have
to remove the dead space that results after pages are created with PS. I go
in (each time I add other photos) and remove all the extra carriage returns
and spacing, but it still ends up taking more space than I'd like (without
compromising the size of the photo, on the page). It's all part of the
learning curve, I guess.
Diana

If you created the PhotoGallery with PhotoShop, then the issue a PhotoShop
issue not a FP issue.

Appears to display fine in (Windows XP Home, all updates, except SP2):

IE 6
NS6.21
NS4.08
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Murray

I have a very high resolution on my pc

Resolution is really not the factor, although it does determine the maximum
width of your browser's viewport. Nevertheless, on a 2048 x 1536 screen, I
would still be able to see the scrollbars by adjusting my browser's viewport
to be 720 wide by ~800 tall.

I didn't see any table borders in FF0.8, which is functionally identical to
NN7.1. But perhaps I'm not understanding what your informant is calling
'invisible table borders'.