Single Logon for .NET application.

G

Hi all,

I would like to develop a .NET application with single logon. It means once the user login the workstation which installed with Window NT or XP. The user doesn't need to enter the login ID and password for that .NET application again. The application will capture the login ID and password automatically.

Can anyone tell me how to do it in .NET Windows application and Web application respectively ?

Cheers,

Lone.

C

Cor Ligthert

Hi Lone,

It is a very good hidden subject in MSDE, I use always as search keyword
"IsInRole" for that

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...incipalwindowsprincipalclassisinroletopic.asp

I hope this helps?

Cor
I would like to develop a .NET application with single logon. It means
once the user login the workstation which installed with Window NT or XP.
The user doesn't need to enter the login ID and password for that .NET
application again. The application will capture the login ID and password
automatically.

P

Paul Clement

¤ Hi all,
¤
¤ I would like to develop a .NET application with single logon. It means once the user login the workstation which installed with Window NT or XP. The user doesn't need to enter the login ID and password for that .NET application again. The application will capture the login ID and password automatically.
¤
¤ Can anyone tell me how to do it in .NET Windows application and Web application respectively ?
¤

The .NET application can determine who the network authenticated user is but not his/her password
without prompting the user for this information:

System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name.Split("\"c)(1)

For ASP.NET you can set up the web application for NT integrated authentication in IIS. This will
enable use of the network authenticated credentials the user entered when logging on. You will want
to enable impersonation for the web app:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconImpersonation.asp

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Ask a Question