Simple Access Project - Almost There Just Need Some Help...

Reaction score
Here is what I want to do.. I am a treasurer of a small church and need to keep track of donations. I want a form that has a field which is an auto complete field where I want to be able to type the first couple letters of a members name and then have it fill in.. I have gotten that but am having an issue..

When I open the form it opens with a members name already in the field "Adam John".. If I start to type in that field it will auto fill a users name, however, it's modifying that record instead of going to that actual members record..

Details below:

I have two tables:

Members
MemerID - AutoNumber
MemberName - Text
Address - Text
City - Text
State - Text
ZipCode - Number

WeeklyGiving
ID - AutoNumber
GivingDate - Date/Time
CheckNumber - Text
Amount - Currency
MembersID_FK - Number

I have a one to many relationship with Members>MemberID - WeeklyGiving>MembersID_FK

MemberName in my form is a combo box with the following as the row source:

SELECT DISTINCT MemberName FROM Members ORDER BY MemberName;

I'm using Access 2010.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Reaction score
I have uploaded the database so you can see the issue.

Attachments

• Database1.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 154
Reaction score
Here is what I want to do.. I am a treasurer of a small church and need to keep track of donations. I want a form that has a field which is an auto complete field where I want to be able to type the first couple letters of a members name and then have it fill in.. I have gotten that but am having an issue..

When I open the form it opens with a members name already in the field "Adam John".. If I start to type in that field it will auto fill a users name, however, it's modifying that record instead of going to that actual members record..

Details below:

I have two tables:

Members
MemerID - AutoNumber
MemberName - Text
Address - Text
City - Text
State - Text
ZipCode - Number

WeeklyGiving
ID - AutoNumber
GivingDate - Date/Time
CheckNumber - Text
Amount - Currency
MembersID_FK - Number

I have a one to many relationship with Members>MemberID - WeeklyGiving>MembersID_FK

MemberName in my form is a combo box with the following as the row source:

SELECT DISTINCT MemberName FROM Members ORDER BY MemberName;

I'm using Access 2010.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

What you need to do is filter the data set instead of modifying the current record. I have attached a simple example to illustrate this. You can use the combo box at the top of the form to filter your results.

Attachments

• Database1.zip
    34 KB · Views: 154

Ask a Question