Signing and dependencies?

G

As per recommendation we run our assemblies with delay signing then just before we package we fully sign the assemblies then package into a setup (msi) file.

The problem that we are running into is that the project that packages up the files to go into the msi file seems to detect that something is out of date and kicks off another build our link which destroys the fully signed assembly(s). I have two questions. One, how do I determine the right dependency so that the link will not occur? Isn't there a better way like forcing a sign just before the assembly goes into the package (msi)? I have tried to sign in the same order as the dependency list within Visual Studio but that doesn't work. Two, how do I tell if a file or assembly is fully signed versus partially signed?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Kevin

G

One other question. Is there a way to tell why a particular file is being rebuilt? Which file or dependency triggered the build

Thanks again

Kevi

----- Kevin Burton wrote: ----

As per recommendation we run our assemblies with delay signing then just before we package we fully sign the assemblies then package into a setup (msi) file

The problem that we are running into is that the project that packages up the files to go into the msi file seems to detect that something is out of date and kicks off another build our link which destroys the fully signed assembly(s). I have two questions. One, how do I determine the right dependency so that the link will not occur? Isn't there a better way like forcing a sign just before the assembly goes into the package (msi)? I have tried to sign in the same order as the dependency list within Visual Studio but that doesn't work. Two, how do I tell if a file or assembly is fully signed versus partially signed

Thank you for your suggestions

Kevin

Ask a Question