SignedXml CheckSignature()

Can some one verify that .net 2.0 Signatures can not be verified by .net
1.1? I have been trying for about 2 months now and can not get it to work.
When verify the signature that i created with .net 2.0 it returns true. but
the the one generated by 1.1 returns false. On the 1.1 machine it is the
opposite? Could there be another reason for this?

Thanks

Eugene Mayevski

Hello!
You wrote on Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:09:02 -0700:

A> Can some one verify that .net 2.0 Signatures can not be verified by .net
A> 1.1? I have been trying for about 2 months now and can not get it to
A> work. When verify the signature that i created with .net 2.0 it returns
A> true. but the the one generated by 1.1 returns false. On the 1.1 machine
A> it is the opposite? Could there be another reason for this?

Try signing with the same code on .NET 1.1 and 2.0 and compare the results.
It is possible, that 2.0 code uses some algorithm or mode, not supported by
1.1, or formats the output differently (and this confuses .NET 1.1).
You can also take a look at XMLBlackbox (
http://www.eldos.com/sbb/net-xml.php?referer1=msnews )

With best regards,
Eugene Mayevski
http://www.SecureBlackbox.com - the comprehensive component suite for
network security

The only problem is that the .net 1.1 is not coded by me, but i have an
example signed xml to follow, my input is the same as the example which does
verify. Could there be any other reason it would not verify?

Thanks

Ash