Sidebar Problem.

Reaction score
Hi, I run Windows Vista 32Bit os, Malwarebytes and Mcafee Antivirus. Recently i had redirection problems everytime i used a search engine i would be taken to sites such as Ebay and Amazon. I Did a scan with Malwarebytes and it found several problems but the redirection problem remained. I tried free copies of Stopzilla and Superantispyware. Still no good. I Googled the problem and found Kaspersky do a free TDSS Killer and that did the trick. Now heres the problem I uninstalled Stopzilla and on booting get this message
The feature you are trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk that is not available insert the stopzilla disk and click ok
Error 1706 no valid source could be found for product stopzilla the windows installer cannot continue
I re and uninstalled Stopzilla but its still there. I looked in the Registry and deleted all Stopzilla entries and Disabled everything in Startups. The Error messages stopped. I Put one thing at a time back on startups and the problem is inside the Windows Sidebar. I looked at all the files inside it and theres no Stopzilla files. I have stopped my sidebar from running at startup but as soon as i open it the Message reappears. I would like to keep the sidebar so if anyone has any ideas i would be glad of any help. Thanks

Ask a Question