Shutdown Screen show repeating pattern instead of desktop fading to grey.

joeandtiffany

Normally when you shutdown WinXP, the desktop fades to a greyscale.
Instead, I get this repeating pattern of what looks like the top of row
of icons from my desktop. The repeating pattern kind of looks like
what happens when you win solitaire but without the bouncing.

It is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joe

zombie

(e-mail address removed) (e-mail address removed), wrote in message
(e-mail address removed):
Normally when you shutdown WinXP, the desktop fades to a greyscale.
Instead, I get this repeating pattern of what looks like the top of
row of icons from my desktop. The repeating pattern kind of looks
like what happens when you win solitaire but without the bouncing.

It is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joe

Reinstall!!

Results 1 - 10 of about 724,000 for reinstalling xp. (0.03 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2005-09,GGGL:en
&q=reinstalling+xp&btnG=Search

Do not reply to my post until you have done your own research.

--
zombie computers.Inc
zombie computers.Pty.Ltd

joeandtiffany

Thanks for the reply.

Is your advice based on some knowledge of my problem or is that just
the simple answer when there appears to be some type of corruption with
XP? I really don't want to go through the trouble of re-installing XP.
Plus, I don't have WinXP CD.

I have tried researching this problem for the past week but could not
find any posts for a similiar problem.

zombie

(e-mail address removed) (e-mail address removed), wrote in message
(e-mail address removed):
Thanks for the reply.

Is your advice based on some knowledge of my problem or is that just
the simple answer when there appears to be some type of corruption
with XP? I really don't want to go through the trouble of
re-installing XP. Plus, I don't have WinXP CD.

I have tried researching this problem for the past week but could not
find any posts for a similiar problem.

1. Live with it.

2. Research it some more.
"I have tried researching this problem for the past week but could not find
any posts for a similiar problem."

3. "Is your advice based on some knowledge of my problem" - "I have tried
researching this problem for the past week but could not find any posts for
a similiar problem."

4. Reinstall.

--
zombie computers.Inc
zombie computers.Pty.Ltd

Albert Sheard

(e-mail address removed), <[email protected]>, the swallow-tailed, dull
fornication, and employee whose job it is to prepare the body for burial,
kvetched:
Normally when you shutdown WinXP, the desktop fades to a greyscale.
Instead, I get this repeating pattern of what looks like the top of
row of icons from my desktop. The repeating pattern kind of looks
like what happens when you win solitaire but without the bouncing.

It is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

Check your graphics card. You could uninstall the driver, check for the
latest and install that. Maybe even take the card out and put it back in
again. Defrag your C: drive that might help.