shutdown.exe user changes

G

I currently use a batch file with "shutdown -r -f" in xp for reboot and force apps to close. Works fine

I'd like to add a short message to my boot bat file, which is currently blank and change the default timer from 30 seconds a different time (maybe 15 seconds). How can I do this?

B

Brian

shutdown -r -f -t 15
Dan said:
I currently use a batch file with "shutdown -r -f" in xp for reboot and
force apps to close. Works fine.
I'd like to add a short message to my boot bat file, which is currently
blank and change the default timer from 30 seconds a different time (maybe
15 seconds). How can I do this?

G

Thanks for the quick reply. I did notice that between the local XP machine with "shutdown /?" vs the knowledge base I was getting sightly different answers. Like -f for force is listed in one but not the other , same for -c vs "message here" etc... Again similar but sometimes conflicting info

Using trial and error I was able to get a message and change the time out by using "shutdown -r -f /t 15 /c "Save all information ASAP" as an example

As a follow on to this post does XP or Win2k or Win98 care about use of "/" vs "-" in switch use? In the above is where I've noticed the different references to the use of a switch by MS itself

Thanks again- Dan

Ask a Question