Shutdown by NT Authority. please help ASAP

Reaction score
I seem to have gotten a hold of some worm or virus that keeps trying to shutdown my computer. It keeps saying something about 'This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SECURITY system will shut down in 60 seconds' I have tried doing research on this already but everything I find is outdated and nothing seems to have worked... please help me asap..

Reaction score
It seems this "System Shut-down NT Authority/Security" issue is a Blaster worm.

Reaction score
itsme said:
It seems this "System Shut-down NT Authority/Security" issue is a Blaster worm.

I'm almost positive its not the blaster worm. That worm is from 2003. I've downloaded the blaster worm removal from Symantec and it said my system was not affected by blaster. This must be something else that acts like the blaster worm.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Check your event logs and see what errors come up, that should help narrow it down.

I think you may be able to temporarily halt the shutdown by typing shutdown /a in a run window before the 60 seconds is up. :thumb:

Reaction score
I've tried using the shutdown -a before. It stops the shutdown but I still can't do anything in normal mode. I've been working in safe mode because nothing works in normal mode.

Ask a Question