Show Zeros in some cells even though worksheet set to not show zer

SteveM

I have a select number of cells that I would like to show zeros (if
applicable) even though the worksheet is set to not show zeros. How can I do
that with those select cells, either by settings or programming?

Jim Cone

Enter 0.001 and format the cell with a custom format of 0
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"SteveM" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a select number of cells that I would like to show zeros (if
applicable) even though the worksheet is set to not show zeros.
How can I do that with those select cells, either by settings or programming?

Gord Dibben

Generally if a 0 is a result of a formula you just trap for it and hide it.

=IF(A1 + B1=0,"",A1 + B1)

If you want to see the 0 don't trap

=A1 + B1

I never use the "don't display zeros" option.

I like to see them sometimes............sometimes not.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

SteveM

There are a lot of cells with formulas, some quite large, the majority of
them giving a zero result, which is why I want to hide them, hopefully
without extra "if's". That is why I chose to not display zero results.
However I have some cells on the same sheet I want to show a zero result (if
applicable). Is there any way besides doing an "if" with a text zero, such
as =if(result=0,"0",result) ??

Pete_UK

You can use conditional formatting on the cells with a zero result -
choose Cell Value Is, then 0 (zero) and choose a white foreground
colour (assuming you have a white background colour). The zero will
not show.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Gord Dibben

None that I know of without using VBA

Display of zeros is a worksheet/window setting.

BTW............don't use quotes around the 0 in your formula.

=IF(result=0,0,result)

Gord

Gord Dibben

Forgot about that.