Show latest date

M

McClellan

So I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following

Column A is customers
Row A is dates (365 of them)
Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

D

Don Guillett

Column A is customers

Each day I log which customers I contact by placing a T, VM, E, or M in the appropriate row and column.

I column B, I want to show the latest date that the customer was contacted. In column C I want to show how they were contacted (T, VM, E, or M).

I tried some if, then combinations, but am not having much luck. Can anyone assist? I am grateful as always for this group and for its very intelligent members.

Hard to see your layout. provide a file

D

Don Guillett

Column A is customers

D

Don Guillett

Column A is customers

=IF(G5="","",INDEX($M$4:$S$4,1,MATCH("zzzzzz",M5:S5)))
=IF(ISNA(MATCH("zzzz",M5:S5)),"",PROPER(INDEX($M5:$S5,1,MATCH("zzzz",$M5:$S5))))

Ask a Question