Should I be suspicious of this?

Bluuuue Rajah

I'm always suspicious of sex links that point back to lawless or communist
countries, and somebody posted this link for a nipple slip pic onto agc,
but the link points back to China.

http://downunderdaily.com/Entertainment/Celebrity/bethenny-frankel-shows-
nipples-in-a-see-through-dress.html

The link makes it look like they're in Australia, which they aren't, so it
looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to cover their trail. Norton
Security flags it as clean, but I worry that the Chinese are good enough to
get around Norton and still get a Trojan under the radar.

Should I be suspicious of this, or am I just being a fraidy cat?

Onideus Mad Hatter

I'm always suspicious of sex links that point back to lawless or communist
countries, and somebody posted this link for a nipple slip pic onto agc,
but the link points back to China.

http://downunderdaily.com/Entertainment/Celebrity/bethenny-frankel-shows-
nipples-in-a-see-through-dress.html

The link makes it look like they're in Australia, which they aren't, so it
looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to cover their trail. Norton
Security flags it as clean, but I worry that the Chinese are good enough to
get around Norton and still get a Trojan under the radar.

Should I be suspicious of this, or am I just being a fraidy cat?

If you have the NoScript plugin then you shouldn't have anything to
worry about since it won't be able to execute any scripts unless you
allow the domain.

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹

Hatter Quotes
-------------
"Freedom, true freedom, is nothing more than intellectual advantage over others."

"When I listen to people I don't really listen to what it is they're
saying, so much as what they're saying it for."

"Don't ever **** with someone who has more creativity than you do."

"You're only one of the best if you're striving to become one of the
best."

"I didn't make reality, Sunshine, I just verbally bitch slapped you
with it."

"I'm not a professional, I'm an artist."

"Usenet Filters - Learn to shut yourself the **** up!"

"Drugs killed Jesus you know...oh wait, no, that was the Jews, my
bad."

"The more I learn the more I'm killing my idols."

"Is it wrong to incur and then use the hate ridden, vengeful stupidity
of complete strangers in random Usenet froups to further my art?"

"Freedom is only a concept, like race it's merely a social construct
that doesn't really exist outside of your ability to convince others
of its relevancy."

"Next time slow up a lil, then maybe you won't jump the gun and start
creamin yer panties before it's time to pop the champagne proper."

"Reality is directly proportionate to how creative you are."

"People are pretty ****ing high on themselves if they think that
they're just born with a soul. *snicker*...yeah, like they're just
givin em out for free."

"How sad that you're such a poor judge of style that you can't even
properly gauge the artistic worth of your own efforts."

"Those who record history are those who control history."

"I am the living embodiment of hell itself in all its tormentive rage,
endless suffering, unfathomable pain and unending horror...but you
don't get sent to me...I come for you."

"Ideally in a fight I'd want a BGM-109A with a W80 250 kiloton
tactical thermonuclear fusion based war head."

"Tell me, would you describe yourself more as a process or a
function?"

"Apparently this group has got the market cornered on stupid.
Intelligence is down 137 points across the board and the forecast
indicates an increase in Webtv users."

"Is my .sig delimiter broken? Really? You're sure? Awww,
gee...that's too bad...for YOU!" `, )

VanguardLH

NOTE: alt.2600 was omitted in my reply. Not interested in participating
in a warez group. The OP deserves what he gets from there.

Bluuuue Rajah wrote (on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:40:34 GMT):

Time for a new keyboard, Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue.
I'm always suspicious of sex links that point back to lawless or communist
countries, and somebody posted this link for a nipple slip pic onto agc,
but the link points back to China.

But sex links elsewhere are perfectly harmless, huh? Yeah, right.
http:// downunderdaily. com/ Entertainment/ Celebrity/ bethenny-frankel-shows-
nipples-in-a-see-through-dress. html

The link makes it look like they're in Australia, which they aren't, so it
looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to cover their trail. Norton
Security flags it as clean, but I worry that the Chinese are good enough to
get around Norton and still get a Trojan under the radar.

You already know the cure so why ask us?
Should I be suspicious of this, or am I just being a fraidy cat?

You are really that concerned over what is highly probably a faked
photo? And of just a nipple (which you have yourself)? Look inside
your own shirt if you want cheap thrills.

downunderdaily.com = 174.132.105.34
downunderdaily.com is registered to Hostgator (Texas, USA).
174.132.105.34 is allocated to ThePlanet (Texas, USA).

Traceroute on 174.132.105.34 or downunderdaily.com shows it goes to
ThePlanet and then Hostgator.

So you have someone who is using Hostgator's webhosting services who
uses the Dallas data center of ThePlanet as their ISP. The user paid
Hostgator for webhosting services, Hostgator registered the domain (so
they are the registrant and owner of that domain), but Hostgator is a
3rd tier webhosting service who uses the services of The Planet to get
Internet access.

So you have a site that identifies itself as an Australian, ahem, "news"
site that is using the services of a USA webhost provider who uses the
services of a USA data center for Internet access. Since Hostgator, the
webhoster, owns the domain registration, you'll have to find out from
them who is their client that asked them to register the
downunderdaily.com domain. The site claims a copyright on the
Downunderdaily.com domain name. Found no copyright record on
"Downunderdaily" (since they cannot include .com in a copyrighted name)
at http://www.copyright.gov/. There is no gov't registration of
copyrights in Australia (gee, big surprise ... not).

I didn't bother going to the site to find out to where some URL link
went to for a nipple slip picture. Not of interest to me. If it headed
you off to China, well, that's the content that is presented by that
Downunderdaily.com site. I'm sure their content comes from all over the
world. Did you see a place to issue a complaint to that site? Any
contacts listed on their site? Nope. Gee, I wonder why. And that's
where you go for reputable news? Oops, uh huh, forget that you aren't
going there for news.

Bit Twister

Norton
Security flags it as clean,

So tell me, how often is your AV database updated.
Last stats I saw was about 4,000 new pieces of malware released daily.
That works out to around 1 ever 30 seconds.

Then your AV vendor has to catch a copy, test, update their database and you
get around to downloading it sometime later.

You might want to click on some of the dates and check detection time at
http://www.commtouch.com/security-center then
click the Malware Outbreak Center link.

Robert James

Well, by running *nix based systems like Slackware Linux, PC-BSD and Mac OS
X, I am not worried to much. Although subscribing to Full Discloser via
email makes me wonder if I should be...

Considering that all links to it are posted on forums by newbies I would say
yes.

But I went to the site. Ugly old woman... No malware issues on Firefox on a
updated *nix box

--
http://www.robertjames.50webs.com

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system.

FrozenNorth

Robert said:
Well, by running *nix based systems like Slackware Linux, PC-BSD and Mac OS
X, I am not worried to much. Although subscribing to Full Discloser via
email makes me wonder if I should be...

Considering that all links to it are posted on forums by newbies I would say
yes.

But I went to the site. Ugly old woman... No malware issues on Firefox on a
updated *nix box
Just to avoid the top-posting I did a big snip. Thought you had this
fixed up yesterday.

She is neither ugly or old, at least by my definition, but there are big
black rectangles in place of the nips, so the OP shouldn't feel like he
is missing anything.

The Daring Dufas

FrozenNorth said:
Just to avoid the top-posting I did a big snip. Thought you had this
fixed up yesterday.

She is neither ugly or old, at least by my definition, but there are big
black rectangles in place of the nips, so the OP shouldn't feel like he
is missing anything.

Robbie is a youngster and probably thinks 40 is old.
Damn, I wish I was that young again. <goes off to
apply more WD40 to skeletal joints>

TDD

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

In
VanguardLH said:
NOTE: alt.2600 was omitted in my reply. Not interested in
participating in a warez group. The OP deserves what he gets from
there.

Whatever gave you the idea that alt.2600 is a warez group?

[...]

"BTW: Lionel was no "kookologist". If you knew what you were talking
about, you'd know that."

"Lionel laurer will be a real kookologist the day after the Sun
explodes."

FrozenNorth

The said:
Robbie is a youngster and probably thinks 40 is old.
Damn, I wish I was that young again. <goes off to
apply more WD40 to skeletal joints>
Water Displacement Recipe #40 probably won't help joints much.
;-)

Robert James

Water Displacement Recipe #40 probably won't help joints much.
;-)

Daring Dufas: meant no offence but ya 40 is a bit old. The point I was
making is that that Bluuuue Rajah is he's not missing much. Just that's
she's no Alicia Silverstone, Drew Barrymore or Mira Sorvino. Then again I
only remember 'em from the 90's so they are all going on 40 anyway... :(

Onideus Mad Hatter: True, scripting is the cause of a lot of issues, but
there are several vulnerabilities in plugins, addons, and in some cases the
browser itself. I like to use a virtual sandbox operating system to do most
of my online work, and edit out almost everything in about:config.

Bit Twister: I find that virus and rootkit scanners, with even the best
heuristics fail often. By compressing, crypting and binding even a well know
trojan can bypass almost all AVs,,, even when excuted! And unless the
malware is prevalent then AV companies rarely find or add it.

FrozenNorth: Was replying in the comp.security.firewalls group, never
noticed it was also in alt.2600 till I sent a reply. O' and wile WD-40 may
not work on joints, superglue sure as hell works on my molar's huge tooth
cavity! Canada, free useless health care, without dental. Underpaid ten
dollar doctors, and over greedy thousand dollar dentists...

--
http://www.robertjames.50webs.com

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system.

VanguardLH

NOTE: Removed Rhonda's attempt to reinsert the alt.2600 scum group.

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote (on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:58:26 -0500):
Whatever gave you the idea that alt.2600 is a warez group?

alt.2600.crack(s|z)
alt.2600.hackers
alt.2600.phreakz
alt.2600.warez

and as for the alt.2600 parent group itself:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-2600/survival-guide/
http://www.outpost9.com/how-to/hackfaq-2600.shtml

Sorry for being lazy in wrapping all the malcontents, pueriles,
maleficents, flamers, trolls, pirates, malignant hackers and other
Usenet scum under the warez moniker. Guess I insulted the warez crowd.
Oh, I'm soooo sorry. (rolls eyes)

The Daring Dufas

Robert said:
[...]

And our own American Commiecrats want socialized medicine.
It has failed miserably everywhere and BeeHO doesn't
comprehend it or has some ulterior motive like gaining
more control over the lives of the citizenry. I believe
it's a control move and the the people in charge are
certainly not be going to the same hospitals as the
the lowly proletariat. It will be just like the old Soviet
Union when they get their way. Those in charge will live
in luxury and we the people will drown in vodka. I can't
wait.

TDD

VanguardLH

NOTE: In my reply to Frozen, again removed the alt.2600 group due to its
inclusion in his reply to Rhonda who reinserted the group.
He must have got spanked badly here by somebody.

Usually (but not always) I check the Newsgroups header to see if some
boob is including UNRELATED newgroups, trying to start flames in them,
or attempting to divert replies into the *.test bit bucket. Since this
is a manual process, it is possible that I miss someone including the
alt.2600, alt.usenet.kooks, *.test and other worthless, unrelated, or
flame-targeted groups in the list.

I don't use the X-No-Archive header so my posts remain archived in
Google Groups. I just did a Google Groups search and find that, yes, I
did reply to a post a year ago that went into alt.2600 because I forgot
to edit the Newsgroups list to remove the scum groups, like alt.2600 and
alt.usenet.kooks. I performed a search on my prior moniker (I changed
mine to be polite to another user's identity) and found 3 more. In all
cases, I never bothered to read or participate in the subsequent noise
-- so if there were any spanking going on, oh alas and alack, I missed
it, aw shucks. All were due to me forgetting to review the Newsgroups
list or not noticing the misuse (which is near always) of the FollowUp-
To header before submitting my reply.

Robert James

And our own American Commiecrats want socialized medicine.
It has failed miserably everywhere and BeeHO doesn't
comprehend it or has some ulterior motive like gaining
more control over the lives of the citizenry. I believe
it's a control move and the the people in charge are
certainly not be going to the same hospitals as the
the lowly proletariat. It will be just like the old Soviet
Union when they get their way. Those in charge will live
in luxury and we the people will drown in vodka. I can't
wait.

TDD

Even one is equal, and all equals are in poverty as was in Russia, soon most
of North America. No, I support the idea of free healthcare, it's just that
all the bums have abused the system and all the doctors do nothing but
prescribe drugs ( which is not included in public insurance ). Any good
doctors move to the states when they get their degree, and we are left with
candy stripe nurses. But hay, at least the soviets had vodka, here it's
taxes to high hell like everything else.

--

VanguardLH said:
NOTE: Removed Rhonda's attempt to reinsert the alt.2600 scum group.

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries wrote (on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:58:26 -0500):

alt.2600.crack(s|z)
alt.2600.hackers
alt.2600.phreakz
alt.2600.warez

None of those are alt.2600, which was the subject of your comment.
and as for the alt.2600 parent group itself:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-2600/survival-guide/

"If you are posting looking for commercial software without any intention
of paying for it, you WILL be flamed. While most newsgroup readers have
no ethical objection to violating copyright law, software piracy is seen
as a "lame" thing because of its lack of technical content. alt.2600 is
not a warez newsgroup."
http://www.outpost9.com/how-to/hackfaq-2600.shtml

Sorry for being lazy in wrapping all the malcontents, pueriles,
maleficents, flamers, trolls, pirates, malignant hackers and other
Usenet scum under the warez moniker. Guess I insulted the warez
crowd. Oh, I'm soooo sorry. (rolls eyes)

You become more pedantic, trollish and clueless with every post you make.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

"BTW: Lionel was no "kookologist". If you knew what you were talking
about, you'd know that."

"Lionel laurer will be a real kookologist the day after the Sun
explodes."

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Usually (but not always) I check the Newsgroups header to see if some
boob is including UNRELATED newgroups,

Click the little plus sign at the left edge of the subject line (in the
message pane upper border). This will expand that border area to include
the list of newsgroups (and some other bits like the X-Face).

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

In
VanguardLH said:
NOTE: In my reply to Frozen, again removed the alt.2600 group due to
its inclusion in his reply to Rhonda who reinserted the group.

Which means that the person to whom you're replying won't see it.
[...]

Get a grip, Vanguard.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

"BTW: Lionel was no "kookologist". If you knew what you were talking
about, you'd know that."

"Lionel laurer will be a real kookologist the day after the Sun
explodes."

Rev Turd Fredericks

The said:
And our own American Commiecrats want socialized medicine.
It has failed miserably everywhere and BeeHO doesn't
comprehend it or has some ulterior motive like gaining
more control over the lives of the citizenry. I believe
it's a control move and the the people in charge are
certainly not be going to the same hospitals as the
the lowly proletariat. It will be just like the old Soviet
Union when they get their way. Those in charge will live
in luxury and we the people will drown in vodka. I can't
wait.

Socialized medicine has not failed anywhere where do you get your
information?

Top