Sharing a Drive

G

How can I share a whole drive including the windows, program files, and documents and settings. I need only the server to be able to access the whole drive. All others on the network need only to be able to access the normal shared folders. All PC's are running WinXP Pro

I have tried:

1. To share the whole drive
2. Turned off simple sharing
3. To share the windows, program files, and documents and settings folders by themselves
4. I went to the security tab under the properties of the c drive , went to add and tried to add the server as a location
5. I added a genric user name to the server as well as the one of the other PC's and gave full access to the user
6. Went into safe mode and unshared and reshared the drive

What other things can I try?

G

Okay i have made some progress. When I am logged as User1 on the server and as User1 on PC2 I can access the windows directory on PC2 from the server. What I still need is the be able to access the windows directory on PC2 from the server logged in as Administrator. The reason being that there are several computer PC1, PC2, PC3, etc. all of which have different user names logged in. What I need to be able to do is grant the user name Administrator on the server full access to all folders on each computer regardless of what user name is logged in on PC1, PC2 Etc.

Ask a Question