Outlook Shared or synced outlook files

Reaction score
Hi, First post, and I did try searching...so be kind to me :)

I've been searching for days for a solution to this issue. We have a PC running XP Home SP2, with two user profiles (wife's and mine). Under each profile we have our own outlook 2007 setings so we download our own mail and have our own calandar and contacts. However we both have our own PDA's which sync via active sync with outlook, and found that often having my PDA docked whilst the wife logged in caused syncing issues, so we've kept things seperate.

However here's the issue. We would like to either share a central calandar and contacts, or some how sync the two so that when I add an appointment it gets added to her calandar to.

Most of the programs I've tried either cost a fortune, share the PST file, which means one PC would not allow outlook to run if the app was running and we switched users, or simply emulated running a server on the PC and used a shared folder, which had a million and one options to configuire (probably more than Exchange !)

Is there a simple, cheap (or freeware) utility that would allow us to do this. Ideally we don't want copies of each calandar in each profile, just one calandar that has all the appointments in, available under either login and can be updated by either user. We could then use filters to hide any info we didn't want (my wife's a child minder and I wouldn't need to know which child is booked in when - so could filter that )

Comments please

Malcolm

Reaction score
I use Sync2 from 4team corp. It's perfect tool to synchronize your outlook between few computers straight away. I paid nearly $60 for 2 computer license, so it's not so expencive as Exchange server or other similar programs, which did not work well for me. In case you are interested visit their official webpage: http://www.sync2.com/?pcode=medscd

Ask a Question