setting table row height

Casey Brown

Hi! pptXP: I am inserting and attempting to manipulate a table via code.
At times I need to insert new rows in the table, and I am having trouble
setting their height. I use the following snippet of code. bRowH is small
(12.24). After the insertion, however, the height is not 12.24 but rather
17ish. Why is that?

'now the rest of rows
For i = 1 To numRowsToInsert
table.Rows.Add.height = bRowH
Next i

I have tried setting lots of margin settings and border widths etc. I would
assume that there is a minimum row height, but I am attempting to copy a
table that someone else made that has row heights of 12.24! I can't even
manually make the row heights get that small, and I just want to know how
it's done so I can replicate it in code!

Thanks in advance for any help. If I can supply more info, please ask.

-Casey

Steve Rindsberg

Looks like the row height isn't allowed to go below the height that would
accommodate the text size specified for the table.
Try this:
Click on the edge of the table
Set the text to something really small, say 8 point.
Now try to make the heights smaller.

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP

Casey Brown

Thank you! There was indeed a problem with my setting of the fonts (along
with a few other brain-disasters of my own).

Thanks again,
-Casey