setting default value to $0.00 in a currency field

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Guest, Oct 25, 2004.

    I have set the default value in both the table and the form but neither
    works. I need to have $0.00 show by default

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

    Allen Browne Guest

    1. Open the table in design view.

    2. Select the currency field.

    3. In the lower pane, set the Format to:
    Currency
    and the Default Value to:
    0

    Check that this works as expected when you open the table. Then, if
    necessary, clear the Default value and Format properties of the text box on
    your form (or set them the same way).

    --
    Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.

    Allen Browne, Oct 25, 2004