set css print page margins

I need a css print page for a previously constructed web site. I have
successfully eliminated the banners, the include pages, and the images from
showing on the print page. All appears fine, except the positioning of the
content that is to be printed. It has the same position as it does when the
left navigation column is present. That is, the content is not left aligned,
filling 100% of the print page. The content text is cut off on the right side.

The web page has a table layout. The content to be printed is in one cell
and the left navigation is in another cell. The left navigation column does
not show on the print page, but the content is lined up as if the left column
still exists. The top and bottom margins are fine.

I appreciate your help.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP-MVP]

Even though you hide the content of a cell in a table the cell is still
there so you will have to redesign your page. You can use DIV layers
which you can hide with display: none in your CSS. That way they will
take up no space in the page. If you place a DIV in a cell and have all
content in that DIV and hide it, it will cause that cell to collapse
just like if the cell had no content at all.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: set css print page margins
Subject: set css print page margins

I need a css print page for a previously constructed web site. I have
successfully eliminated the banners, the include pages, and the images
from showing on the print page. All appears fine, except the positioning
of the content that is to be printed. It has the same position as it
does when the left navigation column is present. That is, the content is
not left aligned, filling 100% of the print page. The content text is
cut off on the right side.

The web page has a table layout. The content to be printed is in one
cell and the left navigation is in another cell. The left navigation
column does not show on the print page, but the content is lined up as
if the left column still exists. The top and bottom margins are fine.

I appreciate your help.

Murray

have all
content in that DIV and hide it,

This works well, but you have to use the display:none CSS to 'hide' it, not
the show-hide normally used to hide 'layers'. I'm just offering this as a
clarification not a correction! 8)

--
Murray

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
[...]

Cheryl D Wise

Also, if you set the width of the table cell in your stylesheet instead of
in the html you can specify width:0; in your print stylesheet which will
collapse it. Then your display none: can still work.

I very much appreciate all of your responses. I think I am close to getting
it, but am printing out the code to check it line by line. Something is off.
I will let you know when I have it. If the site were not so large, I would
just start over from scratch using css.