Windows XP server storage - Lanmanserver

Reaction score
I am no longer able to read files or share printers with other computers on my network. I recieve an error message saying there is a lack of server storage. I was told how to increase the storage but when I went to go look for the lanmanserver file it is no longer there. How do I reinstall it?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let's be honest right here.

I have not got a clue :)

Maybe your space is all used up.

Maybe you think I'm a mind reader and instantly, as if by telekinesis, know every single detail of your setup.

Well, I don't, so I cannot help you.

Sorry, but human beings never cease to amaze me.

More details then maybe someone here could help.

Reaction score
We have a home network. My laptop will not read files on the main computer nor can it access the printer. Both are running Windows XP and have Norton installed. When I try to access a file on the main computer from my laptop it says that not enough server storage is available to process that command. I was told the following to correct the problem:
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK.
Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
\LanmanServer\Parameters

The lanman server file was not listed in the system folder. I looked up how to replace the file and it said to do the following:
This will restore the Server service (lanmanserver).

Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |

I attempted that but when I hit the add button the File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks did not come up.

The laptop I'm having problems with is a Hp pavillion ze4900.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Maybe you think I'm a mind reader and instantly, as if by telekinesis, know every single detail of your setup.
bowdown.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question