Sending mulitple V cards as attachments

SJMP

outlook 2003 - i attached v cards to an email and then i dragged the
contacts to an email and the recipient claims they cannot open them.

Do I have to go through each contact Actions - Forward as Vcard - to do this
correctly or is there another way.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Attaching vCards and dragging contacts are two different things. Which did you do? DOes the recipient have OUtlook?

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

We don't need to go through each contact Actions - Forward as Vcard. Follow
the steps below to send multiple contact items as the Vcard attachments.

1. In the Contacts folder, highlight all the contact items which you want
to send out.
2. Click the Actions menu in the Outlook window > Forward as Vcard.
3. A new email message with the Vcard attachments is created. Write the
email message and send it out. What is the result?

When you drag the contacts to an email message, the contacts are stored as
*.msg files instead of the Vcards (*.vcf). The recipient may cannot open
the *.msg files if they didn't install Microsoft Office Outlook.

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

| From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Sending mulitple V cards as attachments
| Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:56:22 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| outlook 2003 - i attached v cards to an email and then i dragged the
| contacts to an email and the recipient claims they cannot open them.
|
| Do I have to go through each contact Actions - Forward as Vcard - to do
this
| correctly or is there another way.
|
| Thanks,

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi SJMP,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion has helped or if you have any further
questions. Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you need any
additional help.
Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 01:35:59 GMT
| Subject: RE: Sending mulitple V cards as attachments
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi SJMP,
|
| We don't need to go through each contact Actions - Forward as Vcard.
Follow
| the steps below to send multiple contact items as the Vcard attachments.
|
| 1. In the Contacts folder, highlight all the contact items which you want
| to send out.
| 2. Click the Actions menu in the Outlook window > Forward as Vcard.
| 3. A new email message with the Vcard attachments is created. Write the
| email message and send it out. What is the result?
|
| When you drag the contacts to an email message, the contacts are stored
as
| *.msg files instead of the Vcards (*.vcf). The recipient may cannot open
| the *.msg files if they didn't install Microsoft Office Outlook.
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| hesitate to contact me.
|
| Sincerely,
|
| Emily Lin,
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|
| =====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ======================================================
rights.
| ======================================================
|
| --------------------
| | From: "SJMP" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Sending mulitple V cards as attachments
| | Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:56:22 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | outlook 2003 - i attached v cards to an email and then i dragged the
| | contacts to an email and the recipient claims they cannot open them.
| |
| | Do I have to go through each contact Actions - Forward as Vcard - to do
| this
| | correctly or is there another way.
| |
| | Thanks,