Sending Control characters to a POS printer

• Thread starter Frederik Wehlin via .NET 247
  • Start date
F

Frederik Wehlin via .NET 247

Hi,

I?m currently developing a POS application in VB.NET.
I want the user to be able to connect any kind of POS printer (available on the market).

I have tried printing the ordinary .NET way e.Graphics.DrawString(...) but it seems it cannot parse the special control characters that I want to use.

I have used Epsons OPOS Ocx (which works fine) but it?s not generic like I want it (too much hustle for the user to set up the device) I want it to be plug and print.

Has anyone accomplished this? If so could you please point me in the direction where I can find information about it?

Regards

G

Herfrield

POS Printer = Point of Sale Printer, well here in the UK anyway. Something like a Cash register receipt printer

The link you have provided should point Frederik in the right direction, without actually trying it, it looks like it will do what he wants. Thanks for the link, I have saved it for my own information as the company I work for may do something with POS printers in the future

Chris

----- Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote: ----

* Frederik Wehlin via .NET 247 said:
I?m currently developing a POS application in VB.NET
I want the user to be able to connect any kind of POS printer (available on the market)

I don't know what a POS printer is, but maybe this sample works for you

HOW TO: Send Raw Data to a Printer by Using Visual Basic .NE
<URL:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;322090

H

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

* "=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgUG9kbW9yZQ==?= said:
POS Printer = Point of Sale Printer, well here in the UK anyway. Something like a Cash register receipt printer.

Thank you for the explanation.

Ask a Question