Sending a query or report with sub-totals in Access 97

• Thread starter Dale via AccessMonster.com
  • Start date
D

Dale via AccessMonster.com

I received a lot of help with my last question and hope you can shed some light on me again....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I have the following query in Access 97 that I would like to sub-total with a count of the tag_status field. The query is grouped by customer code and tag_status. At each change in tag_status, I need a total count of the tag status.:

SELECT DISTINCTROW [Part Customer Table].[Customer Code], [Part Information].[Tool Number], [Part Information].[Orchid Number], [Part Information].[Customer Part Number], Tool_Tags.Ent_Date, Tool_Tags.Tag_Status, Tool_Tags.Comment, Tool_Tags.Emp_Numb, Tool_Tags.Est_Hours
FROM Tool_Tags INNER JOIN ([Part Information] INNER JOIN [Part Customer Table] ON [Part Information].[Orchid Number] = [Part Customer Table].[Orchid Number]) ON Tool_Tags.Tool_Number = [Part Information].[Tool Number]
GROUP BY [Part Customer Table].[Customer Code], [Part Information].[Tool Number], [Part Information].[Orchid Number], [Part Information].[Customer Part Number], Tool_Tags.Ent_Date, Tool_Tags.Tag_Status, Tool_Tags.Comment, Tool_Tags.Emp_Numb, Tool_Tags.Est_Hours
HAVING ((Not ([Part Information].[Tool Number]) Is Null) AND ((Tool_Tags.Ent_Date)>=GetStart() And (Tool_Tags.Ent_Date)<=Date()))
ORDER BY [Part Customer Table].[Customer Code], Tool_Tags.Tag_Status;

M

[MVP] S.Clark

If you are implying that you want to have a SubTotal, along with the current
Grand Total, then answer is, you can't. You can do subtotals AND
grandtotals together in a report, though.

D

Dale Deocales via AccessMonster.com

thanks for the response.

I can do it in a report, but I need to e-mail this data as an Excel spreadsheet.

Everytime I send the report, I lose my subtotals and grand totals.

Do I need to post this question in another discussion group or do you know of a solution?

Ask a Question