Send to Desktop won't work

I'm using XP SP2 -- I used to have a right-click item under SEND TO >
Desktop. I don't have Desktop as an option anymore. When I look in
my D&S profile send to folder, I see the Desktop icon, along with a
few others.

How can I get my SEND TO > Desktop right-click context menu back?

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
<*(((>< ~~~
~~~~~

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Click Start, Run and type:

regsvr32 sendmail.dll

Press Enter.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

<*(((> wrote in message I'm using XP SP2 -- I used to have a right-click item under SEND TO >
Desktop. I don't have Desktop as an option anymore. When I look in
my D&S profile send to folder, I see the Desktop icon, along with a
few others.

How can I get my SEND TO > Desktop right-click context menu back?

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
<*(((>< ~~~
~~~~~

That added "send to email recipient" -- which I didn't want.
How do I add "send to DESKTOP" ???

--
<*(((><
Click Start, Run and type:

regsvr32 sendmail.dll

Press Enter.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

<*(((> wrote in message I'm using XP SP2 -- I used to have a right-click item under SEND TO >
Desktop. I don't have Desktop as an option anymore. When I look in
my D&S profile send to folder, I see the Desktop icon, along with a
few others.

How can I get my SEND TO > Desktop right-click context menu back?

Awaiting your responses with baited breath, I remain, yours truly,
<*(((>< ~~~
~~~~~

Ramesh, MS-MVP

That adds the "Desktop (create shortcut)" link automatically in my systems. Is the file named "Desktop (create shortcut)" present in the Send To folder?

[...]

No, Ramesh -- it isn't present in my Send To folder. (Although the icon for
the Desktop is present).

--
<*(((><
[...]

For more clarity:

Click Start, Run and type:

shell:sendto

Press Enter. (The SendTo folder opens)

See if the file "Desktop (create shortcut)" is present in that folder. If it is missing, you can get a copy of the file from the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\SendTo

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

No, Ramesh -- it isn't present in my Send To folder. (Although the icon for
the Desktop is present).

Perfect! Thank you so much!

--
<*(((><
For more clarity:

Click Start, Run and type:

shell:sendto

Press Enter. (The SendTo folder opens)

See if the file "Desktop (create shortcut)" is present in that folder. If it
is missing, you can get a copy of the file from the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\SendTo

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

No, Ramesh -- it isn't present in my Send To folder. (Although the icon for
the Desktop is present).

Ramesh, MS-MVP

You're welcome!