send/receive problems

TH

I can "receive all" and "send all" e-mail, but when I select the
"send/receive" prompt from the toolbar it gives me an error message that
indicates that the system is unable to check for messages. This does not stop
me sending or receiving but is an irritant since the toolbar prompt is
unusable. Anyone have a solution?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That symptom is usually caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause
problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"TH" wrote in message
I can "receive all" and "send all" e-mail, but when I select the
"send/receive" prompt from the toolbar it gives me an error message that
indicates that the system is unable to check for messages. This does not stop
me sending or receiving but is an irritant since the toolbar prompt is
unusable. Anyone have a solution?

ak

TH said:
I can "receive all" and "send all" e-mail, but when I select the
"send/receive" prompt from the toolbar it gives me an error message that
indicates that the system is unable to check for messages. This does not stop
me sending or receiving but is an irritant since the toolbar prompt is
unusable. Anyone have a solution?

Stacey

I'm having problems sending mail. I just set-up my windows mail to import
from my yahoo acct. I set-up the mail using the below POP & SMTP info from
Yahoo. Recieving the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Any idea what the problem maybe?

Thank you,
Stacey

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You asked the same question in the thread "Cannot Send Email".
Please use only one thread per issue.